GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

NJ/NYC which dealers for A/B service?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 02:56 PM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
glk
NJ/NYC which dealers for A/B service?

For those who live in the NJ/NYC area, which dealer to recommend or avoid for service?

One would think the Manhattan dealer is the best choice as its owned by MB?
Old 05-09-2014, 06:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK250 BlueTec- 2014
Originally Posted by bugelrex
For those who live in the NJ/NYC area, which dealer to recommend or avoid for service?

One would think the Manhattan dealer is the best choice as its owned by MB?
Hi there..
I am not a regular NYker...........however worked in WHiTE PLAINS for 30+ yrs (uused be normal Monday to Fri to be there) then leave for Cape Cod Area....
and have had lots of 'company cars' from a MB dealer around there ,however one that ALWAYS looked after me (&most importantly MY POCKET)... was SILVER STAR MOTORS.....( sorry not affiliated anyways to them).....ASK for JIM - you can mention : Mike from MA : recommended you

As they really looked after me (have had my GLK250 added some extra stuff there after delivery - drive first 300Miles to there) and they have an ONLINE Wholesale Division to boot! (HINT::: tax free if your place orders for parts you might need there in advance & get them to install those same parts !!!)
Old 05-09-2014, 08:07 AM

glk
Thanks, BTW have you tried the service at MB Westwood near Boston? I went there once, seemed to be run very professionally..

Originally Posted by miked807
Hi there..
I am not a regular NYker...........however worked in WHiTE PLAINS for 30+ yrs (uused be normal Monday to Fri to be there) then leave for Cape Cod Area....
and have had lots of 'company cars' from a MB dealer around there ,however one that ALWAYS looked after me (&most importantly MY POCKET)... was SILVER STAR MOTORS.....( sorry not affiliated anyways to them).....ASK for JIM - you can mention : Mike from MA : recommended you

As they really looked after me (have had my GLK250 added some extra stuff there after delivery - drive first 300Miles to there) and they have an ONLINE Wholesale Division to boot! (HINT::: tax free if your place orders for parts you might need there in advance & get them to install those same parts !!!)
Old 05-09-2014, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK250 BlueTec- 2014
Bug* ...Yips they owned by PRIME MOTOR Group > they have a MB dealership in Cape Cod area - is closed to me but I never deal with 'em. Nothing but I always keep with dealers I get referred to or know.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 93 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
I wasn't not impressed with MB of Manhattan, terrible service (and I was just trying to get some info).

I used go to Benzel Busch in Englewood, now I do service myself.
They have very nice facility, and only MB rentals. You can see the entire shop too (glass walls) and see how work is done. Pretty cool. It's also one of the largest dealers in the country.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:58 PM

glk
MB Manhattan just quoted me $500 for a 10k service for GLK250. Crazy, is this the price people will pay so they dont have to leave "the island"

Originally Posted by NYCGLK
I wasn't not impressed with MB of Manhattan, terrible service (and I was just trying to get some info).

I used go to Benzel Busch in Englewood, now I do service myself.
They have very nice facility, and only MB rentals. You can see the entire shop too (glass walls) and see how work is done. Pretty cool. It's also one of the largest dealers in the country.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 93 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Surprised to hear that, unless diesel service costs more.My coworker brings his infiniti to NYC and service price is the same as other dealers. It's also convenience - it would be easier for me to drive into the city and pick up car after work than go to NJ dealer on saturday. For reg. GLK350 service A is $250 at Benzel-busch. Some dealers might want to add other service that is not necessary.