GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Should we get the 2013 GLK350? HELP(:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 glk
Should i get a used 2013 GLK350?

Well I want to get my first Mercedes, I still live with my family (im18) and I wanted to help out my family since we don't have an SUV and my mom always wanted one, she loves the looks of the glk and so do I, we came across a cpo 2013 Mercedes Benz glk350 for around 30,000 with 17,000 miles, and I'm wondering is there anything I should be aware of like problems, haven't seen anything after googling it, and since it's a 2013 it should still have a warrenty right? But even when it starts to have problems I'll be able to fix it, Were just cheap lol. Any advice would be appreciated, sorry if this has been asked before, I know how forums get about reasked things lol.

Last edited by Roy760; 07-04-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 glk
Is this post invisible I see so many replies on other ones after this one does no one want to help am or did I mess up I guess Im talking to myself lol* im such a newb nskwkkeofkfmdnenwiwusbalapdhwjwbdjckpspqoeg
Old 07-04-2014, 09:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2010 Mercedes GLK 350, 2001 BMW Z3 3.0 Roadster, 1997 Cherokee XJ
Hello, nope, response time is slow 'cause we are just a bunch of old fuddie duddies. Kidding aside, The 2013 or newerGLK350 is the one to buy imo as it has the upgraded engine (more horsepower & smoother) plus the interior is upgraded. Question I have is who owned it first so a Carfax is a good start or perhaps the dealership is forthcoming with the information. Wife loves our 2010 GLK350 (2 WD) & I can live with it, but the dealership we purchased it from had it as a loaner & treated the car like crap. Options are critical as it is very expensive if not impossible to add them, such as lighting, appearance package, trailer hitch & more. Also, the GLK is available in either 2 WD or 4 WD with the gas engine. So shop hard & buy the one that fits the bill.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
On a 2013 with 17K miles - you would have the balance of the 4yr/50K mile Mercedes New car Warranty - date based on original in-service/sale date to the 1st owner - and Mercedes Certified Warranty which automatically starts up at the end of the new car warranty (by miles or time) for additional 1yr with no mileage cap for that one year.

The value of that CPO is based on the features/equipment of that particualr GLK - for example 2WD or 4WD - and the options - you can get a impartial 3rd party estimate with that feature/option info from edmunds.com - which will give you the estimated value for Certified as well.

Keep the beat !
Old 07-09-2014, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by Roy760
Well I want to get my first Mercedes, I still live with my family (im18) and I wanted to help out my family since we don't have an SUV and my mom always wanted one, she loves the looks of the glk and so do I, we came across a cpo 2013 Mercedes Benz glk350 for around 30,000 with 17,000 miles, and I'm wondering is there anything I should be aware of like problems, haven't seen anything after googling it, and since it's a 2013 it should still have a warrenty right? But even when it starts to have problems I'll be able to fix it, Were just cheap lol. Any advice would be appreciated, sorry if this has been asked before, I know how forums get about reasked things lol.
definitely get the lighting package if u can - I got every option I wanted except lighting package and I am finding it is not as easy to retropit with OEM parts and install as it was on the w204
Old 07-09-2014, 06:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 MB GLK 350
This is a no brainer. I just picked up my 2013 last week and love it. If you have never owned a Mercedes this SUV will thrill you. Comfort, power, fir finish and more. It drives like a dream. So get up and go pick the car up you will love it.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 200 Likes on 139 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
Also don't be shocked at the maintenance cost of the car. It is MB so expect to pay premium. A lot of folks here tend to do their own maintenance to save but it is up to you how mechanical inclined you are. To give you a idea a regular oil change (A service) from the dealer will cost you around $300-$350 (B service-which the car you are looking at will have next will cost you around $750-$850) so if you will get the ride make sure they will perform the B service as part of the CPO program.

If you never had a MB before be prepared to get pampered. Once you ride the tank you will nitpick every car you see on the road as you will see the difference. It is just different. Also all german cars are more prone to electrical problems because it has way more sensors and gadgets that you won't find in a japanese, korean and american car. So if you will keep the car for a long time (5 years and up) get the extended warranty.

Get a car that has a lighting package (xenons) it makes a huge difference during night time. if you can find something that has a trailer hitch on it that will be great as well. Don't worry about the warranty you are still covered on the new vehicle warranty for the next 3 years. One thing also to mention to you is that the new warranty of MB is uncomparable with the warranty of other brands. When they say new car warranty they will warranty literally everything even your seat covers from failing not like the other brands that they will tell you it is wear and tear and won't be covered. MB has specific wear and tear items that are not covered under warranty and they are only few of them.

Good Luck hunting. Make sure not to fall in love with the first glk you see....there are tons out there to choose from.

Last edited by shotgun_banjo; 07-09-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by shotgun_banjo
Also don't be shocked at the maintenance cost of the car. It is MB so expect to pay premium. A lot of folks here tend to do their own maintenance to save but it is up to you how mechanical inclined you are. To give you a idea a regular oil change (A service) from the dealer will cost you around $300-$350 (B service-which the car you are looking at will have next will cost you around $750-$850) so if you will get the ride make sure they will perform the B service as part of the CPO program.

If you never had a MB before be prepared to get pampered. Once you ride the tank you will nitpick every car you see on the road as you will see the difference. It is just different. Also all german cars are more prone to electrical problems because it has way more sensors and gadgets that you won't find in a japanese, korean and american car. So if you will keep the car for a long time (5 years and up) get the extended warranty.

Get a car that has a lighting package (xenons) it makes a huge difference during night time. if you can find something that has a trailer hitch on it that will be great as well. Don't worry about the warranty you are still covered on the new vehicle warranty for the next 3 years. One thing also to mention to you is that the new warranty of MB is uncomparable with the warranty of other brands. When they say new car warranty they will warranty literally everything even your seat covers from failing not like the other brands that they will tell you it is wear and tear and won't be covered. MB has specific wear and tear items that are not covered under warranty and they are only few of them.

Good Luck hunting. Make sure not to fall in love with the first glk you see....there are tons out there to choose from.
i always pay anywhere from 129-149 for A service, sometimes less (i think lowest was $99 special)

This is always done at a mercedes dealer as well

They always have coupon specials on the dealer webpages for A service and all the dealers in socal match other dealers

they have B service specials as well, I think from 199-229 is my usual b service range

and for the tranny service at 37k miles, I used a dealer coupon for that too and it was only $250

dont be deceived by higher maintenance prices... its only once a year and with coupons not bad at all and cheaper than other cars I have had when you consider how long these cars last
Old 07-10-2014, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 200 Likes on 139 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
We don't get dealer coupons here in Vancouver and I think since there are a lot of wealthy folks here they think they don't need to give out coupons because people can afford. Its wallet rape I tell you...and I still open my wallet to them which is sad.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:44 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2010 Mercedes GLK 350, 2001 BMW Z3 3.0 Roadster, 1997 Cherokee XJ
I agree about the xenon headlamps. When I get ready to buy another, it will be a diesel, lighting package, premium 1, accessory pkg., trailer hitch & HK tunes. Leather would be nice too. Very disappointed in how few lot cars are ordered in with the lighting pkg. Do not be afraid to travel to get what you want!