Streaming audio via Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 280
Streaming audio via Bluetooth

Guys,

I am planning to get BlackBerry Music Gateway to stream music via bluetooth, however for those have used this device, can you please share your experience/knowledge

it possible to connect my nexus 7 as the following:

"Nexus 7" --bluetooth--> "BlackBerry Music Gateway" --bluetooth--> "Car bluetooth" (without plugging the aux jack)

and if the above scenario works, I wonder how much devices can you connect to BlackBerry Music Gateway at once? Like, can I connect my iphone and nexus at the same time? if yes, then, is the sound/music muted when there is an incoming call and until the call has ended?

Thanks in advance guys
Old 07-20-2014, 09:35 PM

GLK 350
Only one device is active at a time. I did use my my Nexus 7 once to see if it worked. I did run into some issues with particular apps with streaming music but it was app specific.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
GLK 350, 300ce
I have the Blackberry Music Gateway. Its only output is a stereo mini plug. What you are describing is a Bluetooth Bridge doing multi-hop, which it does not do.

However, my Blackberry cellular phone connects to the MB Bluetooth for phone calls and to the BB Music Gateway simultaneously.

I have the gateway in the glovebox, where there are the Audio20 stereo plug and a 12v outlet. When the SUV turns on, the phone connects to the gateway automatically with no additional pairing steps needed beyond the initial setup.

I stream music via the GLK's Disc/Aux selection which is the BB Music Gateway A2DP from the phone. In addition, while music is playing, I can also get voice guidance for traffic merged in with Music which is really just a function of how the the phone operates. Finally if a phone call comes through, the GLK intercepts and overrides the Aux input with the direct connected Phone call over Bluetooth.

The BB Music Gateway is a really nice device that enables all this!
Old 07-28-2014, 01:48 PM

GLK 280
Thanks guys for replying..
I am very frustrated now as I have another problem.. long story short..
first, I can get it working with the following setup
iphone --> MB bluetooth
nexus 7 --> BB gateway --> MB bluetooth
everything is hunky dory and what I wished for

Then the next day.. I went into my car, started the engine and everything went pair shape..
iphone --> MB bluetooth ==> still OK
nexus 7 --> BB gateway (Still OK) but from BB gateway --> MB bluetooth (NOT OK)
for some reasons MB bluetooth unable to paired with BB, I tried de-authorize BB, no luck as thing getting worse cause MB bluetooth can't even my find/search my BB device... I also tried resetting the command system again no luck

has anyone experienced this before? can you please share some lights?

Cheers

Last edited by softestplease; 07-28-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
GLK 350, 300ce
I'm curious, what is the model number of your Blackberry Music Gateway?

It would never work in the configuration you cited. They accept as a source bluetooth from multiple devices, one at a time, and output only via a 3.5mm stereo plug. They do not send audio or output via bluetooth so you cannot pair your MB to the BB gateway.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:17 AM

GLK 280
All good now.. seems its connected but for some reasons is not showing in the bluetooth device list... anyway.. thanks again all for your help...