GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Bluetooth iPod conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 11:56 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK 350 4MATIC
Bluetooth iPod conversion

So if you own a first generation GLK you know how unfriendly the radio can be...blackberry integration for the phone...30pin iPod connection...very state if the art right?
Well...not too long ago I bought a 30pin A2DP wireless bluetooth adaptor for the iPod integration cable that's in the glove box with the hope of being able to wirelessly connect my iphone and stream music from my phone like pandora and what not...

Unfortunately, it didn't work...
Later I found out that it's because the iPod integration is a 12V and the bluetooth adaptor is a 5V...whoops...so I learn that there's a converter out there that does convert 12V to 5V...

So I bought the adaptor and today it came in the mail I was so excited to see that the light started blinking on the bluetooth adaptor plugged into the the converter...but...now the car won't recognize that there's an iPod there...

Damn!!! I really thought I had this figured out...I've read that it has worked for some people...so I figured that for $10 it wouldn't be a bad investment...but unfortunately it does not work.

Does anyone here have Ny suggestions? I heard of a similar product that has the converter plugged right in and it works perfectly every time but the adapter costs around $80...

Last edited by erlomd; 08-22-2014 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK 350
I just bought this:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...674687c9dben02

Works great. I do have to turn the unit on if I haven't used it in a while, but otherwise it works great.

Likely the adapter above doesn't work as Mercedes is looking to read the iPod vs using the cable as an audio source. I would guess if you used that adapter on an iPod speaker dock where you select the music through the iPod it would work. But in this case the GLK is looking to read your music library and can't.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:17 AM

2010 GLK 350 4MATIC
Yes your right it does work on a speaker box, just not in the car...
I bought something similar to what you have and it does work...but my experience with it was that it has to be constantly attended to...you have to charge it, turn it on...turn it off...and if you charge it while it's working, you get a very annoying hum while listening to music.
But it does work...
Old 08-22-2014, 07:26 AM

2010 GLK 350 4MATIC
One day, I was listening to pandora and I guess the phone accidentally read the cars phone bluetooth signal as an external audio source and low and behold...pandora was being streamed through the phone setting on the car.
I was never able to reproduce that unfortunately...I was inside a parking garage so maybe there was some type of interference in the air...but it would be nice to just stream audio through the phone on the car.