GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Doors locked but still open from inside?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 280
Doors locked but still open from inside?

Whenever I lock the doors from the inside (central lock), they can still open from the inside without having to unlock that specific door. Is this usual?

On my previous Honda, it was a case of: if I lock my doors, they cannot be opened when in the car unless I unlock that specific door (by pulling the lock up) or unlock them all from the console (central lock)

Does anyone know whether there is a way to ensure that the doors cannot be opened when locked and sitting inside? A bit like the window lock button which means that the rear windows cannot open unless I switch the lock off or control the windows from the controls next to me.

Cheers
Old 08-24-2014, 05:35 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Very very slow
I am pretty sure you can only open the front doors from inside when the doors are locked, but not the rear ones. I like this setup, especially for a driver.

I had a few FORD cars before and they are pretty much the same way, but not with my TOYOTA.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Red GLK350, blue '87 Toyota Land Cruiser
Look in the manual for child safety settings. I think it's only the rear you can set to not open from the inside. Not something you really want in an accident with a fire.