GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

GLK350 Port Of Entry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350
GLK350 Port Of Entry

Is the Baltimore MD Vehicle Processing Facility the only port of entry for the GLK350? I'm trying to figure out if my car will be on the boat all the way to California or does it get dropped in Baltimore? The reason I ask is I ordered a GLK350 in New Mexico and I wanted it delivered by the first of October. Which now isn't going to happen because its just getting built this week. I'm only going to be there till the end of the October then I go back overseas for a few more months. I was hoping to get to drive it before I leave. All of the GLK VIN's I looked up on the shipping company had all been dropped in Baltimore. Just trying to figure out when it might show up in Albuquerque.
Any Ideas???
Old 09-24-2014, 01:28 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 GLK250BT, Polar White; 2016 GLE 300d, Polar White
Originally Posted by apex6000
Is the Baltimore MD Vehicle Processing Facility the only port of entry for the GLK350? I'm trying to figure out if my car will be on the boat all the way to California or does it get dropped in Baltimore? The reason I ask is I ordered a GLK350 in New Mexico and I wanted it delivered by the first of October. Which now isn't going to happen because its just getting built this week. I'm only going to be there till the end of the October then I go back overseas for a few more months. I was hoping to get to drive it before I leave. All of the GLK VIN's I looked up on the shipping company had all been dropped in Baltimore. Just trying to figure out when it might show up in Albuquerque.
Any Ideas???
As I recall the vehicles for California go to Long Beach, CA VPC directly. Mine was shipped to Baltimore, MD VPC and it took just 4 weeks from drop off to arriving to the local dealer in MI. To Long Beach it could take longer 7-8 weeks I think.

See https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class...sa-glk250.html
Old 09-24-2014, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Your dealer can give you the estimated "transit" time - once factory completed - nest stage in the computer track is "at port"/germany, then will show ship assigned which will show departure and ship arrival-date/US-port.... each further step of the chain allows the dealer to give you better/more-refined delivery estimate...

This isn't Star-Trek "beam-me-up Scotty" - who would think a rig "just getting built this week" could make it to NM before end-October .. just saying you don't want to work yourself up crazy...

GLK350 builds have been consistent and on-schedule for months... so the build date 3rd decade September hasn't "moved"..
Old 09-27-2014, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 mb glk 350
My GLK was built on 2/28 and I took delivery in Scottsdale 4/29.
Yes, it went thru the Panama Canal on the way to Port Hueneme, CA, then by rail to Arizona.