GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Help me understand option packages please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 09:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 W204, 2015 X204
Help me understand option packages please

I'm not a MB newbie, but it seems like every year MB changes package components. On my W204, the P1 came with heated seats, HK stereo, memory seats, and folding rear seat. The Multimedia added NAV and rear camera.

From what I can tell, if I want NAV in the 15 GLK, I MUST get the P1 package? That P1 doesn't give the stereo upgrade or the heated seats as far as I can tell on MBUSA. So all you get for the P1 is a pano roof (I prefer no roof).

So, I guess my question is, can you get a GLK3504M with heated seats and nothing else, or at least heated seats and NAV, no pano roof?

Thanks!

Also, 15 is the last year before it turns into GLE and gets swoopy like new W205, right? So the X204 should have the 4Matic issues and door handle issues worked out by this stage in the manufacturing process, right? A big plus for buying end of model range.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
I apologize - but I only "get" part of what I am thinking you are asking:

1) For Becker MapPilot navigation - you need (1) MapPilot $150 pre-wiring factory package + $600 for the Becker MapPilot Nav unit - with or without P1 is nonconsequential

2) For COMAND navigation you need MultiMedia option at $2970 which also has rearview camera in that package - with or without P1 is non-consequential

3) Heated front seats are separate factory option at $750

I have no personal experience/encounter to either what you are referring to as "4matic issues with 7G and 7G+ transmissions" which seems to be a "issue" of your extension/invention two years ago - or any personal experience/encounter with "inner door handle issues" although early on in the GLK there were 2 or maybe 3 postings regarding this.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 W204, 2015 X204
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
I apologize - but I only "get" part of what I am thinking you are asking:

1) For Becker MapPilot navigation - you need (1) MapPilot $150 pre-wiring factory package + $600 for the Becker MapPilot Nav unit - with or without P1 is nonconsequential

2) For COMAND navigation you need MultiMedia option at $2970 which also has rearview camera in that package - with or without P1 is non-consequential

3) Heated front seats are separate factory option at $750

I have no personal experience/encounter to either what you are referring to as "4matic issues with 7G and 7G+ transmissions" which seems to be a "issue" of your extension/invention two years ago - or any personal experience/encounter with "inner door handle issues" although early on in the GLK there were 2 or maybe 3 postings regarding this.
Thanks for the reply. See, when I build a GLK on MBUSA, I can't get COMAND Nav without also getting P1. In other words, to get COMAND Nav, I have to spend $6500 and take a roof I don't want.

However, you are saying in your point #2, COMAND is available with or without P1? I hope you are right, that makes a lot more sense for sure.

As far as your last paragraph....you give me more credit than I deserve. I in no way invented the well documented 4MATIC issues of early W204/X204 vehicles. I'm thinking there might be a cultural or language issue here. Not sure why I (or any other person) would invent such a thing.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
There were a bunch of problems with the 4Matic transfer case reported here a few years ago, but I suspect that has been ironed out by MB by now...