GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

2010 GLK350 lumbar support broken

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK350 4Matic, Tenorite grey, Premium package, Bixenon package & Burl walnut wood trim
Unhappy 2010 GLK350 lumbar support broken

My electronic lumbar support is broken on my GLK350's driver seat. I brought it to the deader to check out. After $300 investigation fee, they told me the lumbar support "air bag" is broken which will cost me $1400 + taxes to replace, and it is not cover by extended warranty. And this is the first thing that they notices, so they have to replace the "air bag" first before fixing the lumbar support. But they can they cannot guarantee it can be fix by just replacing the "air bag". It can be something else.

How the hell can this be broken? I saw the seat support up so much one day when I got in my GLK. Couldn't reduce the "air" in the lumbar support, I let it go for 2 days and it returned to normal. Then one day, the seat back was just sinked. I guest the "air bag" was broken. Called the deader, waited for a week before I can get an appointment. Did anyone experience something like this on your seats?

Since my MB-TEX seat surface it cracked on the driver side as well (not cover by regular or extended warranty) and will cost be $450 + taxes to patch it. I am wondering should I be replacing the whole drive seat?
Old 01-21-2015, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
I would definitely look into a replacement seat, and not from the dealer.

Go online and check out salvage yards. Seats are not hard to find since they are not always damaged in car accidents (like, say a front bumper).

Good luck...
Old 01-24-2015, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
How can it not be covered under extended warranty? Who is provider?

My lumbar support makes a noise when I get in/out - i.e. push on it. I have a feeling there is something up with it, but to me it seems that it may not be fully attached in there. I still have good lower back support.

I'd love to put seats from "active seats" package on E/ML into GLK.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:02 PM

2010 GLK350 4Matic, Tenorite grey, Premium package, Bixenon package & Burl walnut wood trim
Originally Posted by rmfnla
I would definitely look into a replacement seat, and not from the dealer.

Go online and check out salvage yards. Seats are not hard to find since they are not always damaged in car accidents (like, say a front bumper).

Good luck...
Thanks. Will look for one from salvage yards in my area.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by NYCGLK
How can it not be covered under extended warranty? Who is provider?

My lumbar support makes a noise when I get in/out - i.e. push on it. I have a feeling there is something up with it, but to me it seems that it may not be fully attached in there. I still have good lower back support.

I'd love to put seats from "active seats" package on E/ML into GLK.
Brought the extender warranty from MB Canada through the dealer. The "air bags (upper and lower)" for the lumbar support is not cover. Not even the wiring. The dealer said they tried to submit the part # to MB and it is not cover by the extended warranty.

If your lumbar support make noise. Bring it in for them to check/fix if your GLK is still under warranty.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Originally Posted by footmark
Brought the extender warranty from MB Canada through the dealer. The "air bags (upper and lower)" for the lumbar support is not cover. Not even the wiring. The dealer said they tried to submit the part # to MB and it is not cover by the extended warranty.

If your lumbar support make noise. Bring it in for them to check/fix if your GLK is still under warranty.
I'm 2 years out of the warranty. I didn't bother with extended.
I still think it's BS that they don't cover it, but things might be different in Canada. Is it powertrain only warranty or something?

If dealer sold me warranty and told me something is not covered, they better have good damn explanation why, and better have told me what's not covered upfront.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:43 AM

C 3 Corvette 1976, GLK 350 4 Matic 2010
Just purchased a GLK 350 4 Matic with 38,000 miles and experience a vibration at ideal. Has anyone had this experience? Loose Heat Shield ?

Thanks