First time out in snow! and cold....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 07:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLK 250 Bluetec
First time out in snow! and cold....

Skiing trip, at PA.
Plenty of snow, and not an issue getting there. I don't have the proper winter tyres, but the stock ones. Still worked OK, only several times did I see the front end pushing out (slushy snow) and few times the rear end stepped out. But easily controllable. Felt safe and secure all the time, and didn't have to worry at all of more snow coming. Actually really enjoyed it driving in snow ....

We are all happy and pleased with our BT GLK.

Couple of issues, though... it was COLD -20 C/ -4 F and wind chill on top of that. Car always started with out any issues but the rear hatch didn't wan't to open. Opened only for an inch or two and stopped. Had to force it open, gently. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get our gear out from the car.

And one warning, check your windshield washer fluid is strong enough for these really cold nights... mine was filled in Florida way back when I purchased it, and now it is frozen. Kind of frustrating driving home and no water available to your windshield... ( I can only blame myself for not checking and filling it earlier with proper solution )
Several additional stops to clean the window at servicestations and a bottle of properstuff that wife poured to the windshield through opened window while I was still driving or at traffic lights helped us to make it back home safely.

Last edited by eki912; 02-18-2015 at 07:34 AM.