GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

2011 Glk 350 shuttering problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350
2011 Glk 350 shuttering problem

Hello, I bought a 2011 GLK350 at the end of December 14. It was fine for about 2 weeks, it has 50k mi on it. After the two weeks, when the engine was cold and as it was warming up, around 1500- 2000 rpms it would shutter horribly. It was almost like it wanted to change gears but couldn't. If you give it gas, it would stop. If you let off the gas it would stop. I took it to my local dealership, $300 later I had it back with a new program on the trans and they programmed the speedo. The reason for the speedo program was the rpm needle would also jump around and bounce during this shutter/shaking. Drove it home, no change. Took it back and took the service manager on a ride in it, did the shutter just like before. So they took a look at it and 2 days later I got it back with a new torque converter. The problem was the converter was going bad and was locking and unlocking around that rpm and wouldn't let it pick a gear it needed. Happy I bought the extra warranty when I bought the suv. $2200 in warranty work and the dealer covered the deductible. I thought that was awesome and they also showed me how to operate almost everything in the car. The dealer is James Motor Co. In Lexington Ky. Once I got the car back it rides and drives as a Mercedes should, smooth as glass! I have heard of motor mounts being replaced to stop vibration but this was a lot different that that. I hope this helps with anyone having the same problem as mine did!