GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

advice on buying a used 2011 GLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 06:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Mercedes GLK350 4Matic in White
advice on buying a used 2011 GLK

Sadly, as of today we decided to change both our cars (Volvo S60 AWD/Kia Sportage) so my budget got cut severely. My partner was jealous of all my car talk so decided to choose to buy a new car themselves. Opposed to me getting a brand new GLK250 Diesel loaded up with goodies, I have had to make the decision to buy a CPO used 2011 GLK 350 gas model. The interior is not as welcoming (in my mind at least) and I will never get a light interior and will have to accept black leather or Artico instead which is fine. The tough part is that after driving a few cars with both a blind spot monitor and cross traffic monitor, I really wanted that feature badly but it only appeared in 2013 models upwards. With all these 2011/2012 models coming off lease and getting MB certification for resale, the extra free 2 year warranty means a lot on a used car. I have my eyes on a white/black interior 350 now with Nav/backup Camera (at least), HD Xenon Lights, 4Matic (main reason for buying). It has less than 50km on it after 3+ years and at half the full price of a new model, quite the steal I think if the car has had a fault free past.

Is it fair for me to request the car repair/service history before placing a deposit on a specific car? I do not trust these middlemen CarFax services that supply histories of damage to dealerships. Surely the dealer can look up the specific VIN serial of the car to see what has been done. How else could they deny warranty claims from clients if no records were kept. Your thought?
Old 02-21-2015, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 GLK 350
We just purchased the 2013 GLK350 in December, CPO, white/tan. We were looking at the 2012, but my wife liked the 2013 interior updates and the rest is history. I would definitely ask for the service history, very important. With the CPO, MB will bring all service within 5K miles up to date. There were pretty good incentives from MB financing as well, first 2 payments paid as well as 2 free maintenance services. I went ahead and bit on extending the warranty another 2 years (thru 2019) for 2G's, well worth the money in my opinion. We love the GLK.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Mercedes GLK350 4Matic in White
Smile Great advice

I will look into the extended warranty but am not sure how many years they offer in Canada compared to other countries. I see a they place the existing 4 yr / 80,000 km to 6 yr / 120,000 km with a new CPO purchase and another 2 years is available to purchase thus it gives 4 years in total. I'll never hit the mileage limits as I have only 30,000km/19,000 miles on my Kia after 3 years to the time factor is more important. Thanks
Old 02-21-2015, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
If purchasing from a MB dealer - they can easily pull and print the "VMI" records including customer paid dealer service - that record in fairly understandable "abbreviated MB code" will show all dealer service - including every single Mb part used - down to a individual crush washer during oil change.