GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Tire S/N.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 03:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 768 Likes on 532 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Originally Posted by 420tee
Wow, am I impressed. NOT. 15 years? I was building street rods before you were born. For your enlightenment, it's a Dodge Dakota with no extra weight in the back and regular "street" tires, not wet grass tires, and it does fine. Give it a rest. The MB tires suck and should not be shot at 18k miles. The dealer pulled a fast one. MB national customer service is interested and looking into the problem.
Oh, I see... you've been building street rods for over 40 years, but you still think tires have serial numbers and don't know what a UPC bar code is. What rock did you say you live under?

Please enlighen us then, Wise One... if one of us actually wanted to pull a fast one on someone and screw around with their tires so they wouldn't move on wet grass, what process is it exactly that one would need to follow to accomplish that? I mena, did the dealer crazy-glue your tires to your lawn by any chance? I can get moving on wet grass with racing slicks in a 2200 lbs RWD car... so please tell us what exactly did they do to screw you?

Whether the tires should be shot after 18K miles depends entirely on the tires and the way the car was driven. And, shot could mean many things. Are you saying that they are worn - as in bald with no tread left? My C63 goes through a set every 5K miles, so that actually doesn't sound too bad at all. The 20" Pirellis are low-profile, sticky tires made for driving on pavement, so they do tend to wear out faster. Or - are you saying that they still have some tread left, but when you were tryign to drive off a soft surface you gave it too much gas and dug yourself in the mud? I gather you're not talking about unever tread wear with the cords showing or bulging sidewals where you've whacked a pot hole... so which is it?

The only thing that sucks here is the air rushing in to fill the vacuum in your skull where your brain should be. Yes, social media can indeed do a lot of things. Up until now, presumably only your dealer knew how stupid you are. After you decided to share your pearls of wisdom, it's now public knowledge.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Red GLK350, blue '87 Toyota Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by Diabolis
Oh, I see... you've been building street rods for over 40 years, but you still think tires have serial numbers and don't know what a UPC bar code is. What rock did you say you live under?

Please enlighen us then, Wise One... if one of us actually wanted to pull a fast one on someone and screw around with their tires so they wouldn't move on wet grass, what process is it exactly that one would need to follow to accomplish that? I mena, did the dealer crazy-glue your tires to your lawn by any chance? I can get moving on wet grass with racing slicks in a 2200 lbs RWD car... so please tell us what exactly did they do to screw you?

Whether the tires should be shot after 18K miles depends entirely on the tires and the way the car was driven. And, shot could mean many things. Are you saying that they are worn - as in bald with no tread left? My C63 goes through a set every 5K miles, so that actually doesn't sound too bad at all. The 20" Pirellis are low-profile, sticky tires made for driving on pavement, so they do tend to wear out faster. Or - are you saying that they still have some tread left, but when you were tryign to drive off a soft surface you gave it too much gas and dug yourself in the mud? I gather you're not talking about unever tread wear with the cords showing or bulging sidewals where you've whacked a pot hole... so which is it?

The only thing that sucks here is the air rushing in to fill the vacuum in your skull where your brain should be. Yes, social media can indeed do a lot of things. Up until now, presumably only your dealer knew how stupid you are. After you decided to share your pearls of wisdom, it's now public knowledge.
A short scan of this diatribe shows it's not even worth reading and certainly does not deserve a reasoned answer as it would be a waste of my energy and the electrons it would use.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
A short scan of this diatribe shows it's not even worth reading and certainly does not deserve a reasoned answer as it would be a waste of my energy and the electrons it would use.

We're finally in agreement. Indeed it is massive waste af everyone's time seeing as you decided to waste it by asking the most idiotic question on the board. So far you have not provided a single shred of eveidence or even a comment on how or why you think your wheels and/or tires are bad or you got screwed, can't answer a single question as to what is wrong with them, yet you somehow feel all self-righteous in your insistentce that there a massive worldwide conspiracy against you and you need everyone's sympathy. Grow a pair, say I am sorry - I had a bad day, and move on. Don't be a douche.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:01 PM

We're finally in agreement. Indeed it is massive waste af everyone's time seeing as you decided to waste it by asking the most idiotic question on the board. So far you have not provided a single shred of eveidence or even a comment on how or why you think your wheels and/or tires are bad or you got screwed, can't answer a single question as to what is wrong with them, yet you somehow feel all self-righteous in your insistentce that there a massive worldwide conspiracy against you and you need everyone's sympathy. Grow a pair, say I am sorry - I had a bad day, and move on. Don't be a douche.
Calm down grasshopper, you're spitting all over your keyboard.
Tell me folks, do these rants of his sound like the calm, reasoned comments of a professional engineer? You could design a bridge for me any day.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Calm down grasshopper, you're spitting all over your keyboard.
Tell me folks, do these rants of his sound like the calm, reasoned comments of a professional engineer? You could design a bridge for me any day.

You see, that's exactly the problem. We build something for the betterment of humanity, and then people like you come along with their sense of entitlement and complete lack of consideration for others and ***** and moan that it's too beige, that there's a light bulb that's burned out or that it doesn't protect them from being run over by rednecks in Dodge pickup trucks. It's the bridge's fault, no doubt.

Seeing as you have completely failed to even attempt to provide a single shred of information of what is wrong with the tires - let alone why you think you got screwed - and have instead resorted to nothign but personal attacks when I and a couple of others asked you some simple questions, I am bowing out and will let you have the last word. My time will indeed be better spent building bridges and helping others that actually deserve it, although in light of the wonderful friendship we have developed over the last couple of days, I am contemplating making special tire coating compounds that make the tires start to levitate when they come anywhere near wet grass, and I'll make sure to send some of it to your MB dealer, together with some "serial number" UPC bar codes they can stick on.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:02 PM

You see, that's exactly the problem. We build something for the betterment of humanity, and then people like you come along with their sense of entitlement and complete lack of consideration for others and ***** and moan that it's too beige, that there's a light bulb that's burned out or that it doesn't protect them from being run over by rednecks in Dodge pickup trucks. It's the bridge's fault, no doubt.

Seeing as you have completely failed to even attempt to provide a single shred of information of what is wrong with the tires - let alone why you think you got screwed - and have instead resorted to nothign but personal attacks when I and a couple of others asked you some simple questions, I am bowing out and will let you have the last word. My time will indeed be better spent building bridges and helping others that actually deserve it, although in light of the wonderful friendship we have developed over the last couple of days, I am contemplating making special tire coating compounds that make the tires start to levitate when they come anywhere near wet grass, and I'll make sure to send some of it to your MB dealer, together with some "serial number" UPC bar codes they can stick on.

Thanks for your picture. Pretty much as I envisioned you to look like. Have a good day and I'll let you know when I need that bridge.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:25 AM

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 GLK350

Seeing as you have completely failed to even attempt to provide a single shred of information of what is wrong with the tires - let alone why you think you got screwed - and have instead resorted to nothign but personal attacks when I and a couple of others asked you some simple questions, I am bowing out and will let you have the last word.
Golfclap.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by formerjeepguy
Golfclap.

Thank you for the most valuabe post. I can't help but think this is retaliation because of your mistaken belief about the wheel spaces in the other tread which I and others called you on. By now the likes of you must be so pissed to be told that you're wrong that you're probably getting ready to illegaly invade - er, I meant, liberate - Canada as well.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:13 PM

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 GLK350
Thank you for the most valuabe post. I can't help but think this is retaliation because of your mistaken belief about the wheel spaces in the other tread which I and others called you on. By now the likes of you must be so pissed to be told that you're wrong that you're probably getting ready to illegaly invade - er, I meant, liberate - Canada as well.
Wow. I was agreeing with you.

But I do find wheel spacers to be a bad idea.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by formerjeepguy
Wow. I was agreeing with you.

But I do find wheel spacers to be a bad idea.
In that case I sincerely apologize. You commented on my post with a sarcastic response, so the only conclusion I could draw from it was that it was in disagreement with what I had written, not the OP. I am sorry that I misinterpreted your intention, and again, I do apologize.

As for the wheel spacers, we can leave that for the other tread. Yes, they are a bad idea when used improperly (which is indeed how most people use them), but if done right they are perfectly safe.

Last edited by Diabolis; 03-17-2015 at 01:25 PM.