GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

BT audio streaming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350
BT audio streaming

I absolutely love this BT audio streaming function on the GLK My 2010 GLK didn't have it.

I can play all the music from my iPhone 6 without taking it out or plugging in any cables. I used to keep 2 copies of the same music: 1 in the iPhone and 1 in an USB stick. Now I don't need to anymore. I just start the car and play I can control everything through COMAND

Now if only there is a way to get the tethering to pull Google traffic data and display it in the navi (without Sirius). We Canadians always get cut out of cool features

Last edited by Tate; 03-25-2015 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:13 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
350 GLK, C280
Maybe the next model will forget about all the NAV and other stuff and just put an Apple TV for the display. Connect to either WIFI or a phone system, when WIFI is unavailable and we would get everything. Maybe a choice between Apple and Samsung for Android.
No more need to upgrade maps, or traffic and available music, video, text or special streaming. Everything straight from a Cloud, except rain or snow.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:19 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2011 GLK350
Originally Posted by Tate
I absolutely love this BT audio streaming function on the GLK My 2010 GLK didn't have it.
What year GLK? I assume a fairly new one? Our 2011 doesn't have it, because MB thought that entry level cars shouldn't have BT audio, even though all the hardware is in place for it. Which is really annoying because a Hyundai Santa Fe we test drove before buying the GLK most definitely had BT audio.. So GLK is more entry level than a Hyundai?

Last edited by lyonkster; 03-27-2015 at 04:21 PM.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GL550
The Pre 2013 GL's don't have it either.

My kids Honda has it at 1/3 the price! Benz had it's head up it's butt for infotainment!

I've been using the VISEEO 1000 and 3000. They work but very limited on what you can do.

Also it fights with the phone talk Bluetooth. I've brought that to VISEEO's attention and they are a where of the issue, but not fix.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:46 PM

2011 GLK350
Originally Posted by CBR Dude
Benz had it's head up it's butt for infotainment!
Unfortunately I couldn't agree more. The fancy Multimedia Package doesn't work with iphone after a recent OS update to the iphone, so we are using just the AUX output and have to control the phone manually. The contact sync never worked. Pretty sad.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:58 PM

GL550
I have the latest OS on my IPhone 5.

I do use the OEM Mercedes iPhone cord and the OEM lightning adapter from Apple and that works but the cord is very short and in the glove box on the passenger side.

It does Bluetooth the phone but not the music. The address book is very quirky at best.

I can voice dial, but no speed dials like my Honda and Lexus.

I can also scroll using the buttons on the steering wheel.

The VISEEO like I said has very limited abilities. Works it you don't use the talk on the phone that much.

I've had the 2015 loaner and that's the cats meow. It tells you what carrier you have, has wi-fi, pretty kick butt.

I was looking at the Post 2013 GLK for my youngest who's graduating from college, and don't want her to have the problems I have with my GL. Virginia wants to go totally hands free and this needs to be something that works vs. throwing good money at it.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
If you have pre-facelift GLK - yes, Bluetooth phone connectivity - AND with iPod 30 pin cable in the glove box....

BlueTooth Music streaming is easy, simple and effective .... $82 for Tune2Air WMA1000.... sticks on 30-pin connector - EZ sync.. gives you ALL the features from using the cable connect but gives you seamless BlueTooth music connectivity..

On the poster with IOS "issue" - frankly, since the IOS was updated on your existing phone - the "old" connection for your phone is nopt going to work right on BOTH the phone end and the MB COMAND end..

1) On your handset, delete the MB profile from BlueTooth settings, then when the profile is deleted go back to home screen - then power down/switch off your handset off - wait about 10-15 seconds before you power up your handset.

2) On COMAND delete your handset profile - once deleted - turn COMAND off - wait 10-15 seconds then turn your COMAND back on (soft boot).

Now - go thru pairing procedure with "virgin" handset and with "virgin" COMAND - old profiles have been deleted and soft reboot both sides - and all should be good with the new pairing.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:06 AM

GLK350
Originally Posted by lyonkster
What year GLK? I assume a fairly new one? Our 2011 doesn't have it, because MB thought that entry level cars shouldn't have BT audio, even though all the hardware is in place for it.
Mine is 2015
Old 03-28-2015, 04:43 PM

2011 GLK350
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
BlueTooth Music streaming is easy, simple and effective .... $82 for Tune2Air WMA1000.... sticks on 30-pin connector - EZ sync.. gives you ALL the features from using the cable connect but gives you seamless BlueTooth music connectivity..
Interesting, will look into that.

On the poster with IOS "issue" - frankly, since the IOS was updated on your existing phone - the "old" connection for your phone is nopt going to work right on BOTH the phone end and the MB COMAND end..
My problem is worse than that - the iPhone with the updated IOS doesn't work with the COMAND even when plugged into the 30 pin cable, never mind the bluetooth. The dealer had no idea how to fix it, just shrugged his shoulders and said that iPhones often have problems with COMAND.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 Mercedes GLK 250 - Polar White
I use the Bluetooth audio all the time in my 2014 and iPhone 6+. I do get audio dropouts now and then that I don't care for. I suspect it is on the phone side since it is worse if I try to use the phone while listening to audio.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:35 AM

GL550
lyonkster, I have the VISEEO on my 2012 GL550. It works but is very quirky. When I say quirky I mean quirky! At times I just wanted to get rid of the truck I was so frustrated with it.

The sad part is when I bough the GL the sales guy said if you're looking for technology this is not the vehicle for you. Hard swallow! At the time the talking portion was all I thought I needed. When the rest of the family chimed in is when I felt the back wheels of the bus on my back side. My youngest says it sucks period! OK then!

I've resorted to just using an older iPod that has my songs on it.

It kept fighting with the phone talking portion. I'm not a rocket science on this, but I've been told that the phone uses two types of Bluetooth technology. One for the music and another for the talking portion?

I have the latest iOS on my iPhone 5 and have not had any issues getting the comand to see it and hook up. I made sure of that before I took delivery of it!

My concern was the GLK and how it works.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:54 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Which ViseeO are you guys using? We sell the products to a ton of mercedes customers and haven't had a return from it
Old 05-04-2015, 09:00 AM

GL550
I have the 1000 and have borrowed the 3000 from a friend that has a VW. The 3000 fits the Audi and VW as well as the Mercedes vehicles. Both work the same. No improvement over the other one. Both can be had for about 90 bucks shipped. The 1000 plugs into the OEM cord on the glove box. The 3000 plugs into where the OEM would have plugged into.

Before you rush over to Audi or VW for their iPhone cords, don't bother, waste of time. They don't work. They plug in, but the Comand does not recognize the cord. I found the OEM Apple 30 pin to 8 pin connector works. I have the pig tail version that give you a wee bit more tethering. The small one works too. You have to use the OEM adapters the cheap knock offs from Amazon or eBay don't work.

Both the 1000 and 3000 are hot 100%. So it's sucking flea power when the vehicle is off. If you are sitting for a several days ect. You could conceivable have a dead battery. I have not left mine plugged in for any length of time to determine the actual time needed to kill the battery.

It works but very quirky! More quirky that works. Fights with the Bluetooth on the phone. Lots of lag in a phone conversation. I've resorted to using it on trips and not in my daily commute. It would drive me nuts.

Also if you try and fast FWD through the songs it hangs up. Sometimes it resorts to Chinese charters on the Comand screen.