GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

GLK New Owner-Blind Spot Monitor Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GLK 350
GLK New Owner

Hello, my wife and I just recently purchased a 2014 GLK 350 with 15,000 miles. It is our first Mercedes and we rapidly put 4,500 miles on it quick

I will be doing the Service B maintenance on my own very soon. Just ordered the parts from RockAuto.com, shouldn't be too bad to do. However, I will have a shop do the brake fluid change for us.

Any tips on servicing the vehicle on your own, as far as warranty goes. I have read a thread on here stating that it is perfectly okay to service your own vehicle.

Thanks!
Justin

Last edited by jtgolden1s; 04-09-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Golf R, 2014 GLK
One of your parking sensors (BSA uses the parking sensors, FYI), could be ready to give up the ghost. Water tends to get in behind the sensors, especially in the rear bumper, and can ruin them.

We've had two sensors replaced so far in our 2014 GLK. You can tell they're finally done with the vehicle displays a message something to the effect of "blind spot assist is unavailable"

It's apparently very common. The dealership we had ours repaired at regularly stocks parking sensors in every factory colour because they run into it on a regular basis. We never had to wait for parts.

Sometimes BSA is also just quirky - dual-left turn lanes are most annoying. If you're in the right-most of the two left turn lanes, and there is a vehicle next to you, it's going to beep in that situation as it thinks you're trying to enter an occupied lane.