2012 GLK Transmission Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 04:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 GLK350 4Matic
2012 GLK Transmission Issues

Hey all!

Sorry about the long post. I'm having some issues with my 2012 GLK and was wondering if you have any input. First some background. I have a 2012 GLK 350 4Matic with everything except the media interface. Bought in December 2011 from a Calgary dealer. Its had some issues but overall been very happy. Currently has 37,xxx km on it. So far the following engine related items has been repaired under warranty:
Throttle Body twice (winter 2011/2012 and winter 2013/2014, complete failure both times)
Oxygen Sensor
Secondary Air Pump
Random misfire

In February 2015 my 4Matic centre differential bound up and locked the front and rear axles together. The vehicle was undriveable (unless in a straight line) and actually sprained my shoulder when the steering kicked back and yanked my arm. The dealer repaired it by placing the vehicle on a hoist and running it in Drive and Reverse for 5 minutes each until "the clutch pack burned in and loosened". They said this was what they normally had to do to every vehicle as they took them into stock. Ever since then, my transmission has acted weird. When I take my foot off the accelerator I get a strong pulling sensation and a jerk forward, followed by deceleration as if I was lightly applying the brake. At the same time, my fuel economy gauge will never drop to 0L/100KM like before, and instead hangs around 5L/100KM regardless of how long I coast. The vehicle will also jerk as if I was abruptly pulsing the accelerator. This is quite annoying. The dealership states that the vehicle is performing as designed and no fault found. Does anyone else's GLK have similar symptoms? Particularly the fuel economy gauge? I distinctly remember mine dropping to 0L/100KM during coasting.

Thanks for any help!