GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Right low beam message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 06:10 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 GLK 350 4matic, 2014 BMW M235i
Right low beam message

I started seeing a right low beam failure message a few days ago, so scheduled an appointment and got it fixed. MB dealer replaced both low beam lamps (halogen) at no charge while I waited.

I had no idea the computer could detect such failures. A pleasant surprise!
Old 09-05-2015, 12:54 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2009 GLK 220 cdi
I've already had message about one fog lamp and other time one parking lamp, in message time they didn't work, after few days message disappeared and lamp started work again. Electronic in modern cars is very complicated and sometimes can fools...or bad contact (easier and cheaper to fix who knows...anyway, this feature is not always good, try to change halogen bulbs for leds or something simmilar, without resistor on it you get fail message and flickering...

Last edited by Marek_Norway; 09-05-2015 at 01:00 PM.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X204 GLK350 4matic
I stick to halogen bulbs in halogen housing, because I dont want to cause glare or premature failure of the housings due to excess heat.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLK350
Originally Posted by Marek_Norway
I've already had message about one fog lamp and other time one parking lamp, in message time they didn't work, after few days message disappeared and lamp started work again. Electronic in modern cars is very complicated and sometimes can fools...or bad contact (easier and cheaper to fix who knows...anyway, this feature is not always good, try to change halogen bulbs for leds or something simmilar, without resistor on it you get fail message and flickering...
To my knowledge of LED headlights, you can't simply replace a halogen light bulb with an LED and expect better brighter results. The housing in the whole unit should be designed to handle the extra heat and reflection of the LED lights to maximize the light projection. There needs to be room for heat sinks for the LED. I wish the GLK comes with the Bi Xenons rather than Halogen lights.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:03 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2009 GLK 220 cdi
I have bi-xenons, I would like to change reverse light bulbs, stocks are very weak, there are some led alternatives but it can be problem with error messages and flickering...
Old 09-06-2015, 11:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLK350
Originally Posted by Marek_Norway
I have bi-xenons, I would like to change reverse light bulbs, stocks are very weak, there are some led alternatives but it can be problem with error messages and flickering...
Sorry I made a mistake. Mercedes doesn't offer full LED for GLK. The bi xenon are much better than the halogens. If you put the LED bulbs for the xenon, you won't get then benefit of factory LEDs from other models. Not sure why the full LED isn't an option in the U.S...