MBUSA Northeast Rep?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 10:27 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2014 CLS550
MBUSA Northeast Rep?

Hi folks,
I would like the name and contact info for the Northeast USA regional MB representative.
A friend brought their '15 GLK in for light rear corner body repair and have received much less than "quality customer service" and no response to complaints.
After 5 weeks, the car was returned to the customer with clear coat over spray, on the entire car, and 4 under inflated tires.
The service manager instructed the customer to remove the over spray using a razor blade.

Any help would be appreciated,
Sincerely,
RickH
Old 09-25-2015, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
The owner (not a 3rd party) can call Mercedes customer Care - normal M-F owrking hrs) at (800) 367-6372 with their VIN # and preferably with the dealer Repair Order #.

So that you are aware - insurance companies prohibits any work (and can't order parts either) until the insurance company approves the claim in writing 1st.

The insurance company can give the owner the date they approved the claim - however, I have seen many insurance companies give owner's dates that were incorrect - meaning the insurance company system did not issue the approval to the collision shop until 3-5 days later.

On the quality of the work - there are Mercedes Certified Collision centers - that not only are required to meet Mercedes standards before they are able to be MB Certified - as MB Certified they commit to MB Customer Satisfaction.

MB Certified Collision Centers are "fewer" - and non-Certified Collision shops are "the many".

From what - in part - you describe is a MB Dealer - using the established 3rd party collision center they have worked with in the past as 3rd party

Again - haver the owner start with Mercedes Customer Care - with VIN# and Repair Order#.

Should be resolvable by giving Customer Care the facts they need to open that channel.

Keep the beat !
Old 09-25-2015, 09:09 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
350 GLK, C280
Wow! I guess that dealer doesn't want to sell cars to previous customers. 1 reason I have owned 6 Benz's is because my dealer has been quite fair in my dealings. Even with body work, the car has always come back looking good.My wife was rear-ended 3 months after she bought a brand new C. The dealer fixed it and 9 years later the car still looked brand new. I would dump that dealer in a heart beat, in the North East there are many dealers very close to each other.
It did take me 9 cars over 35 years to give up on VW. Not the car, but the dealers and especially VW America really went down the tubes!
I also gave up on Range Rover, not that the dealer wasn't good, but with Rover you just get to know the the service guys too well.