GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Brake issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK350
Brake issues

Hey I'm new to this site and Mercedes. My wife purchased a used 2010 GLK350. While driving it home we noticed that when you lift off of the accelerator it seems that the brakes were being applied (even though her foot wasn't on the brake pedal.
We also noticed the brake pedal would shutter when you applied them. I fiqured it was warped rotors which the dealer replaced under warranty. Now the brakes feel great.
But the issue of the noticeable slowing of the vehicle is still there. It has only happened about three times since we bought it about three weeks ago.
Could it be a brake sensor, ESP, ghost😜?
Thanks for the help
Old 09-28-2015, 09:15 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
350 GLK, C280
If this is after a rapid acceleration, it is normal but not the brakes, it is the transmission. The MB engineers did that so if you change your mind during a passing situation, where the transmission shifted down, the transmission will hold the lower gear to help the vehicle slow so you can get back into lane. Not one of my favorite features.
If you are using the cruise control, the brakes are applied during down hill sections when the vehicle wants to accelerate. Saves tickets at from the cop sitting at the bottom of the hill behind the billboard.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK350
Oh that makes sense. That's probably it then. Thanks