Help - GLK Leftover Lease / CPO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NYC Metrocard
Help - GLK Leftover Lease / CPO

Hey guys,

My wife and I absolutely love this car. Our #1 priority is interior space (tall greenhouse)/visibility, and we have come to the conclusion that there just isnt a substitute to this mini Safari goer. The only other car that qualifies is the LR4, which is out of our budget. And perhaps the Forester, which my wife hates. We have no interest in the GLC replacement, as it does not have this type of interior layout anymore.

Here's the problem - We live in NYC and are moving out to the burbs in 2016 (anywhere between 5-10 months from now). We do not need a car until we move, and frankly dont want a car today, as we would need to pay $500/mo in parking a car that we currently do not need. Also, we really prefer leasing, not owning. And if owning, maybe going Japanese.

I am very upset this car is being discontinued and we are not positioned to snag a leftover today to lease. Inventory is almost down to zero today, let alone 5-10 months from now when we are ready. Our options are:

A. Attempting to lease a "new" GLK demo in ~6 months from now. (This is likely going to be unobtainable though)
B. Finding a CPO and leasing it. Is this even possible?
C. Biting the bullet and getting a CPO to own. Which we really dont like the idea of.

Can anyone chime in on the options above? Are the first two options even possible?

In regards to Option C - If we were to get a CPO to own, we would look for $35k or so 2013/2014 off-lease with ~30k miles. How is the Mercedes CPO program? Is there an extended warranty available, and if so, how much? What should we expect to come out of pocket for during regular check ups? Reliability is a concern, and we would not consider owning outside of warranty. We are only looking to own for about 3-4 years.

Thanks!

Last edited by ThermonMermon; 10-24-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:39 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2010 Mercedes GLK 350, 2001 BMW Z3 3.0 Roadster, 1997 Cherokee XJ
CPO does include extended mileage warranty. Go to MB USA website & get the details. Maintenance costs depend on driving conditions & style. Service is in 10K mile intervals & others can add what their costs have been. Our early 2010 has been very reliable without major repairs throughout the extended warranty period & after. Unfortunately we do not drive a lot so part of the extended mileage benefit is lost. I would think that a MB dealership will work with you on a used CPO lease. Good luck!
Old 11-16-2015, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes GLK
Purchased a service loaner as CPO: been ok

I purchased a 2012 service loaner in October 2013; it had 12k miles. Purchased extended warranty and pre-paid maintenance for the first three 10k services (20 30 40 k). Have 48k on the car now; just pre-purchased next three 10k services (a no brainer, the savings are incredible).

The car has been generally trouble free; I joined this forum literally today to ask about a side marker bulb problem that others seem to have had. Other than that no other problems and certainly no major ones. I've been satisfied.

I feel your pain about the model change; I dislike the jellybean look too and wish I had a newer model to buy me more time. I would definitely consider CPO. I paid 32k for mine (original sticker was 41K).