GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

New Member Need Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glk 350
New Member Need Help!

Hi guys looking for some help here I recently purchased a new cord that goes from the iPod integration system into the glove box because the old one broke. it looks like it's the old wide 30 pin connector cord for the old iPods I bought a new adapter that will connect to that 30 pin and turn into a aux jack at the other end I attached it to my samsung galaxy s5 to try to play Pandora and had no luck I'm looking for any help here please the dealer has no idea what to do, i know how to get to the aux option but it plays no music
Old 12-17-2015, 09:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
A 2010 GLK will not recognize a 2013-14 or 15 device even though the converter takes it from one pinout to another. There are no updates for the system to accommodate the compatibility you are looking for. There may be something that can be done with a major mod, the question is do you want to spend the $$$?
Old 12-17-2015, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
I cannot comment on cable compatibility - but if you have a early GLK - you can "add" streaming Bluetooth mucis by adding a Tune2Air ... about $84 ... check compatibility:

Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000A Bluetooth Adapter: Computers & Accessories Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000A Bluetooth Adapter: Computers & Accessories
Old 12-18-2015, 10:24 AM

Glk 350
Originally Posted by MKenM
A 2010 GLK will not recognize a 2013-14 or 15 device even though the converter takes it from one pinout to another. There are no updates for the system to accommodate the compatibility you are looking for. There may be something that can be done with a major mod, the question is do you want to spend the $$$?

Thank you for your knowledgeable response, If I purchased a older generation iPod would that work? or is the operating software out of date for the ipods.
EXAMPLE: once i install the old iPod on my computer the computer updates the software to a newer version where my glk wont recognize it
Old 12-18-2015, 10:27 AM

Glk 350
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
I cannot comment on cable compatibility - but if you have a early GLK - you can "add" streaming Bluetooth mucis by adding a Tune2Air ... about $84 ... check compatibility:

Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000A Bluetooth Adapter: Computers & Accessories

That looks like an amazing Idea! I have bluetooth talking in my GLK but Im just not sure where that would hookup to. I am going to attach a picture of the only cable that comes into my glove box. by the picture I dont think it will hook up with that.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:59 PM

2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
There are 3 connector types that are available for the vehicle. The first is the 1/8 inch jack for use with a MP3 player. The second is iPod connector and the third is USB for a memory stick. The system will only recognize (music) MP3 and WMA music tagged with these extensions. The vehicle came with only the USB cable the second cable was a two in one connector which had the 1st and 2nd connectors as mentioned above.

Your cable looks like the USB cable that has a converter for USB to 1/8 inch jack. If that is the case that set up will not work. What you can do is load a USB 2.0 stick with up to 8 directory levels with up to 1,000 songs. Nothing other than music can be on the USB device.

You have two other options available. The first is to transfer existing CD's to the hard drive in the COMAND system or create CD's of the music you like and transfer those. It takes the system about 15 minutes to copy an entire CD to its 8 GB hard drive.

If you have any other questions just let us know.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Well, let me try to clarify - if the glovebox of the 2010 GLK has a rectangular port connector - and it is NOT a USB port - that rectangular port is called UCI - and on that UCI port there are several different types of MB and/or aftermarket cables that can connect - normally 30-pin iPhone, USB female, and aux stereo female cable.

With that rectangular UCI port - a good music Bluetooth adapter - like the correct Tune@Air will also clip-in.

Overall - adding basic Bluetooth music streaming with the Tune2Air is quite effective without having to stick your iPhone/Galaxy/whatever hard-wire into the glovebox - again if your GLK has that rectangular MediaInterface/iPod port.

Keep the beat !.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:58 PM

Glk 350
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Well, let me try to clarify - if the glovebox of the 2010 GLK has a rectangular port connector - and it is NOT a USB port - that rectangular port is called UCI - and on that UCI port there are several different types of MB and/or aftermarket cables that can connect - normally 30-pin iPhone, USB female, and aux stereo female cable.

With that rectangular UCI port - a good music Bluetooth adapter - like the correct Tune@Air will also clip-in.

Overall - adding basic Bluetooth music streaming with the Tune2Air is quite effective without having to stick your iPhone/Galaxy/whatever hard-wire into the glovebox - again if your GLK has that rectangular MediaInterface/iPod port.

Keep the beat !.

Thanks for the help, I would like to clarify that this it the old generation ipod adapter from the ipod integration kit that is in the glove box. I have purchased a female aux adapter and installed it as you can see in the picture. From what I have learned the vehicle does not have the media interface package and is the basic command package. I have tried to attach my android phone to the new jack I have installed onto the old ipod jack and it just says error. There are no other jacks or outlets in the glove box. there is only the 30 pin ipod connector as seen in the picture.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:02 PM

OK lets start over. There is only one port (connector) in the glove box. It connects to a cable that has only one input and that is for an old Apple device that used that connector. You can/could buy a second cable that plugged into the connector in the glove box (the second cable did not come with the car) it is a "Y" cable. The two inputs are USB and 1/8 inch stereo input jack. The car will not recognize an Android device or any other new technology. If you do not have factory navigation then you do not have COMAND (Cockpit Management and Data system) as opposed to command.

If you have COMAND you can download the manual on line. If you can't find it I can send it to you. If you have any other questions, ask away.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:19 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
glk 350 -1981 280ce
audio

Originally Posted by Tjam520
Hi guys looking for some help here I recently purchased a new cord that goes from the iPod integration system into the glove box because the old one broke. it looks like it's the old wide 30 pin connector cord for the old iPods I bought a new adapter that will connect to that 30 pin and turn into a aux jack at the other end I attached it to my samsung galaxy s5 to try to play Pandora and had no luck I'm looking for any help here please the dealer has no idea what to do, i know how to get to the aux option but it plays no music
inside the glove compartment of my 2011 on the right hand side there's a little plug for the auxiliary input you can get a cord from Radio Shack to go from your earphones of your phone into that works just fine