Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK
2013 GLK Questions

Initially posted this in the wrong forum

Hi All,

I am looking to get a used GLK, this is the one I am going to look at today-https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/666790190/overview/

However the dealer descriptions I have seen online are a bit confusing- I was hoping you all could help me out with some questions

1. If the car did not come with navigation, can this be added (as in, to use the built in screen) and if so is this something I could do myself (I'm medium savy at car stuff) and how much would it cost?

2. I have seen several that all list the same interior features but the pictures look different. Am I correct that heated seats/mirrors, the car remembering 3 different driver arrangements etc. were all upgrades on the base model?

3. How do you all like the sound system/phone integration? None of the ones I've seen online list any sound features, but it looks like there were multiple options one purchased- I assume this just means they are un-upgraded?

4.Does anyone have a strong preference RWD vs AWD? Seems MPG impact is negligible.

5. I have to ask- how does the beverage cooler work?

Any other comments/advice on that car or getting a used GLK in general would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 05-10-2016, 05:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK350
Forget about adding OEM GPS unless the car came with the Becker map wiring.

Aftermarket GPS with steering wheels controls as an example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X204-DIGITAL...5WWQbm&vxp=mtr
The following users liked this post:
Scott Phillips (05-10-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 09:08 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2010 Mercedes GLK 350, 2001 BMW Z3 3.0 Roadster, 1997 Cherokee XJ
Whatever you buy, ONLY buy one with the options you want. Travel across the country to get the right package? I would without hesitation. MB accessories are very high priced. To add equipment that was optional but not on a vehicle is imo not financially feasible. Good luck with the search!