glk
GLK 2013-2015 Airbag recall. 5/20 update

But I don't see it when I log into mbusa and provide my VIN

scroll to end of article
http://blog.caranddriver.com/mercede...akata-airbags/
Old 05-20-2016, 01:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
none
Just got a letter in the mail for my 2010 about it.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:28 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 GLK250BT, Polar White; 2016 GLE 300d, Polar White
Originally Posted by bugelrex
But I don't see it when I log into mbusa and provide my VIN

scroll to end of article
http://blog.caranddriver.com/mercede...akata-airbags/
Same with me. Cannot pick up my 2014 GLK vin.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:35 AM

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 GLK350
Try checking here for USA.

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/recall
Old 05-22-2016, 02:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 W204, 2015 X204
I just can't get too worried about this. Doesn't the IIHS and government do crash testing. They look at all manner of injuries to the crash dummies. Aren't most of these recalls due to what MIGHT happen (shrapnel)?

Do we need to panic, really?
Old 05-23-2016, 01:07 AM

Received 68 Likes on 59 Posts
yes
Wow.... I don't "see" anybody here panicking. You can't get too worried? Good for you.

Probably most recalls are the result of what happened rather than what MIGHT happen. That's how such problems are often discovered.

When a device that is specifically designed and intended to reduce injury CAN itself seriously injure or kill a person that's kind of critical, don't you think?

Some of these airbags have already killed people.

Again... wow....

Originally Posted by spyked
I just can't get too worried about this. Doesn't the IIHS and government do crash testing. They look at all manner of injuries to the crash dummies. Aren't most of these recalls due to what MIGHT happen (shrapnel)?

Do we need to panic, really?
Old 05-23-2016, 07:31 AM

2013 W204, 2015 X204
Well, you go ahead and panic then. Let me know how that works out. I guess you will STOP driving your GLK because of impending death and destruction? Funny, I have a feeling all these literally millions of drivers with potential affected airbags will go about their business and hope for the best (without insulting others for their opinions). You are the only one that will take a perfectly good car off the roads while you wait a couple of years for the new airbag to be installed.

Originally Posted by MBKLUE
Wow.... I don't "see" anybody here panicking. You can't get too worried? Good for you.

Probably most recalls are the result of what happened rather than what MIGHT happen. That's how such problems are often discovered.

When a device that is specifically designed and intended to reduce injury CAN itself seriously injure or kill a person that's kind of critical, don't you think?

Some of these airbags have already killed people.

Again... wow....
Old 05-23-2016, 09:26 AM

yes
I ask you who is panicking and your response is "Well, you go ahead and panic then." That's a nonsensical response.

Why are you guessing what I will do? You haven't a clue.

Nothing wrong with someone having a differing opinion but your initial post came off as pompous, arrogant and trivializing the safety concerns of others.

I forgot to mention that you appear to be a know-it-all too since you are telling me I will be the only one to take my car off the road and I will wait a couple of years to get the new airbag installed. How do you know these things? Again, the words pompous and arrogant come to mind.

The chances of one of us being affected by this problem may be extremely small but you seem to completely overlook the fact that some people HAVE died from this. Is it also your mindset that you don't believe in wearing a seat belt because you don't plan on having an accident?

Have you ever played the lottery? I have and many other people do also. The chances of winning big are extremely small yet we still do it and some people have won "big." Go figure. What are the odds?

Well, you go ahead and panic then. Let me know how that works out. I guess you will STOP driving your GLK because of impending death and destruction? Funny, I have a feeling all these literally millions of drivers with potential affected airbags will go about their business and hope for the best (without insulting others for their opinions). You are the only one that will take a perfectly good car off the roads while you wait a couple of years for the new airbag to be installed.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:47 AM

2013 W204, 2015 X204
Ah, I'm a know it all, arrogant, and pompous person? So you're one of those types that loves to name-call and be mean from your keyboard. I got it now. If it truly bothers you, my suggestion would be for you to not reply to my posts then. But I think we both know you live for these altercations, and what I said was nothing offensive or even insulting (especially since I didn't direct anything to YOU, ever.) When did I ever say that someone who has been injured shouldn't be concerned? Or someone in general shouldn't be concerned? Show me where I said that. Oh, right, that's IMPOSSIBLE since I never said, or even implied that.

I was simply asking if we need to panic, and if so, why? I have to choose not to panic since 1. it won't do any good, and 2. if it were REALLY a major concern, millions of drivers would be instructed not to drive their cars. In fact, millions of drivers would not drive, even if it wasn't mandated that they shouldn't, because they care about themselves and their families more than driving their cars with potentially faulty airbags.

No one else is thinking along those lines, so I choose not to as well (unless this really gets worse, in which case VW's diesel gate will look like a day at the beach).

The next time you feel the need to get into name calling and rude, nasty commentary (from your keyboard of course), point that at someone else.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:46 AM

yes
Not "buying" most of what you wrote.

Sorry about the whole keyboard thing. I'd love to tell all this to your face.

Ah, I'm a know it all, arrogant, and pompous person? So you're one of those types that loves to name-call and be mean from your keyboard. I got it now. If it truly bothers you, my suggestion would be for you to not reply to my posts then. But I think we both know you live for these altercations, and what I said was nothing offensive or even insulting (especially since I didn't direct anything to YOU, ever.) When did I ever say that someone who has been injured shouldn't be concerned? Or someone in general shouldn't be concerned? Show me where I said that. Oh, right, that's IMPOSSIBLE since I never said, or even implied that.

I was simply asking if we need to panic, and if so, why? I have to choose not to panic since 1. it won't do any good, and 2. if it were REALLY a major concern, millions of drivers would be instructed not to drive their cars. In fact, millions of drivers would not drive, even if it wasn't mandated that they shouldn't, because they care about themselves and their families more than driving their cars with potentially faulty airbags.

No one else is thinking along those lines, so I choose not to as well (unless this really gets worse, in which case VW's diesel gate will look like a day at the beach).

The next time you feel the need to get into name calling and rude, nasty commentary (from your keyboard of course), point that at someone else.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:20 PM

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
2013 GLK350
Checked on the MBUSA web-site and NHTSA web-site. My 2013 GLK vin is not listed as a recall. I wonder if that update on CarandDriver is correct? On the NHTSA web-site it only has 2010-2012 listed. Maybe its just so new, that it isn't on the sites yet.

Thanks for the info OP. I'll keep on the lookout. I do like to correct recall items on my cars.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2011 GLK350
I did find our 2011 in the database as being recalled. That same day (about a month ago) we got a letter from MB saying the same thing. However they said that repair parts are not yet available and we'll be notified once they are. No idea how long that will be.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Red GLK350, blue '87 Toyota Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by formerjeepguy
Try checking here for USA.

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/recall
Tried to enter my VIN and couldn't get past the incredibly stupid I'm not a robot. What the hell is wrong with some numbers? "How many pictures have cars in them?" How unbelievably stupid can you get? Then one isn't enough. What idiot came up with that crap? What am I trying to enter, a CIA file? ***holes!
Old 05-27-2016, 05:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2014 glk 250BT (RIP, 3/1/17}, 2010 C300
I got the letter on my 10 C300 for the airbags.