GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

2015 GLK350 illuminated star not turning off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
infiniti ex35
2015 GLK350 illuminated star not turning off

I installed the illuminated star without any issues and tapped power from the fuse box PIN number 13. How ever the led light stays on all the time even after I shut off the car and close the doors. May discharge my battery if it continues. Any body have idea about what pin should I use in the fuse box.
Thanks in advance
Old 06-20-2016, 04:01 PM

infiniti ex35
No answer yet I finally got it to work
https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...FZeEaQod6pgG8Q
I got this one from auto zone for about $7.00 and tried it on pin number 5 in fuse box and now led turns on when i power on the car and shuts on when I power it off. Any other pins which may be better. Did nto have to drill any holes or cut any cables to install.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 GLK250
Just be careful with those add-a-circuits. I think they are one of the greatest inventions ever, and I literally have thousands of them in my garage. However, they are directional. If you have them going the wrong way, they are putting the load on the wrong side of the fuse panel. You'll want the leg on the far right in that picture (so the furthest away from the butt splice connector) to be on the hot side of the fuse panel. If you don't have a meter to test, you can remove the fuse that is closest to the legs (which should be the factory fuse from your car) and put it in the slot. When you have it so that it works without the factory fuse in there, then you have it the right direction and can reinstall the factory fuse.

Otherwise, for the add-a-circuit to power your star, the power will have to go across Fuse 7, and then back into yours, which can overpower whatever fuse is in that spot. Hope that wasn't too confusing..
The following users liked this post:
mamathabala (06-21-2016)
Old 06-21-2016, 04:40 PM

infiniti ex35
No your instructions are very clear and really appreciate your help. I will check it to make sure that I have inserted correctly. Thanks a lot for educating me because I had no idea that they are directional. Btw what pin socket in the fuse box did you use.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 GLK250
I haven't installed one yet...I actually don't have my GLK. I've paid to have it transferred to me, but it isn't in yet ) = Just been reading the forums like crazy since I put the payment down on one.

I've spent years training installers to put in aftermarket dash cam type setups. They use a lot of the add-a-circuits. Hardly any of those guys even realize that they are directional, so I don't expect many people to even think about it. I always look for a fuse for a non-essential system. Something like a radio or cigarette lighter, power mirrors etc. That way, worst case, if something manages to overload that line, you can still drive the car.