GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

SRS headrest dash light after DVD install

Old 07-15-2016, 10:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 GLK350
SRS headrest dash light after DVD install

I'm hoping someone can help me with my aftermarket dvd headrest install on my 2010 GLK350. I followed instructions on another forum about using a 2.2K resistor to the headrest connector to prevent the SRS light but still got the warning on my dash. I can momentarily clear it with my iCarsoft980 but then about 5 seconds later the SRS light reappears on my dash.

I was getting very frustrated with the reappearing SRS light so I decided to reconnect the original Mercedes factory headrests. I cleared the code and then 5 seconds later the darn SRS light came back. So now even with the original headrests the light is on. Any ideas on why the warning message keeps coming back? I'd appreciate any help.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Well misguided you created a fault in the SRS control unit and your handy dandy scanner can't clear the fault-----now its dealer time or a girlfriend with a copy of DAS Xentry to clear the fault.

PS: Go back to bozo benz forum. They are a great dating service but very short on technical prowess!!
Old 07-15-2016, 04:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 GLK350
Thanks Plutoe, I think. I have no idea what the dating service is that you are talking about. I'm not sure how to take your post, but yes I believe I will have to see someone with a Xentry Star system. Actually I prefer this forum since it has more traffic and views. That is why nearly all of my posts are here even though I'm a newbie compared to you.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 926 Likes on 718 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Plutoe is the resident professional insulter. Sort of like the ones at the Renaissance Festivals but not as funny. He is correct, however, in his statement that a DAS Xentry system is needed to clear the fault code.