Bluetooth streaming via AUX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 12:52 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
10 GLK350/ 15 Accord/ 94 Supra Turbo
Bluetooth streaming via AUX

https://www.amazon.com/Miccus-Mini-j.../dp/B0038MA11U

For those looking to stream music via Bluetooth.

I am using the miccus Bluetooth mini jack that plugs into the AUX port in the glove box, I also bought a USB twin port charging port to power the Miccus and to charge my S7 Edge. The reason why I chose this because this unit will automatically connect when the car is on and Auto off after a few minutes, it's pretty much set it and forget it. The music sounds good and works great.

I have used this in conjunction with the following phones:
Previous I used the Galaxy Note 4 and Iphone 5S.
Currently I am using the Galaxy S7 edge and Iphone 6S on a daily basis.
Old 08-02-2016, 12:55 AM

BTW the one I am using is the previous generation from Miccus, there is a newer AX4 which I suggest you get if you intend to use my setup.
Old 08-02-2016, 12:40 PM

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
2011 C63
Does this device allow you to control your phone's streaming music from the car's command wheel?
Old 08-02-2016, 02:37 PM

Unfortunately not since it is only a Bluetooth adapter for the aux port, I only controls volume. Does auto connect and auto power on and off.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
B180
Aux problems

Hej. I have a similar setup. However, when I am streaming music I have problems when I switch to a phone call. Intermittently their voice will cut out but they can here me.
This is with the built in Bluetooth phone.
It works perfectly when I unplug the aux cable.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

I have tried it with several different Bluetooth devices and it's always the same.

Thanks.

Steve
Old 08-05-2016, 10:21 PM

Never had that problem, mine seamlessly switches between the two no with no issue. I would suspect the phone if it is older model.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:18 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2020 C8, 2020 defender 110X, 2019 720S, 2014 GLK 350 4matic, 2015 escalade platinum, 2013 RRS HSELux
My escalade's Xm subscription allows me to stream Xm in my GLK's Bluetooth and with my unlimited data in my iPhone, I'm all set.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:24 AM

B180
iPhone 5

I use iPhone 5s and I have decided to just put up with it. I don't use the phone in the car very often.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:41 AM

I had a iPhone 5S before and notice it would glitch, no I use the Galaxy S7 edge and Iphone 6S and have no problems
Old 08-12-2016, 03:28 AM

B180
Doesn't work

I bought a switch and tested it. Unfortunately you were right and with anything plugged into the aux I can the same fault.

Probably time to give up on this. It's a shame but I rarely use the phone so I am very happy with the Bluetooth function instead.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
GLK 350, 300ce
I've always used the Blackberry Music Gateway. It is a bluetooth device without a battery and powered by USB. So when the power to the car comes on, it turns on and auto-connects to phones bluetooth A2DP. When the car shuts off, it shuts off. No worrying about calls going to a battery bluetooth unit in the GLK when I walk into the house.
https://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-AC...+music+gateway

Simultaneously. since it is only A2DP, the gateway does not connect to the Phones HandsFree, the GLK does that. So bringing up calls or SIRI/Assistant, will override the streaming music or radio as it should.

When I switched from Blackbery OS 7 9930 (touchcreen most people never saw) to BlackBerry 10 Q10 (Touchscreen that ran BB10 and could run Android apps that no one ever knew about), there were no issues. The same with Android devices.

When using iPhones, the input signal coming from the gateway is greatly reduced, leading me to finalize this setup with an FiiO Portable headphone amplifier. The headphone amp amplifies the signal coming from the Blackberry Music gateway and connects to the Aux input. I chose to pay the $60 bucks for the headphone amp because it also has no battery (thus powers on and off with the car) has an analog volume dial that stays where I want it to, and 3 loudness modes with varying bass.

https://www.neweggbusiness.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIV00F31W3333&nm_mc=afc-cjb2b&cm_mmc=afc-cjb2b-_-Headphones+and+Accessories-_-FiiO-_-9SIV00F31W3333

Last edited by mbzusr; 08-23-2016 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:21 AM

B180
Aux

Originally Posted by mbzusr
I've always used the Blackberry Music Gateway. It is a bluetooth device without a battery and powered by USB. So when the power to the car comes on, it turns on and auto-connects to phones bluetooth A2DP. When the car shuts off, it shuts off. No worrying about calls going to a battery bluetooth unit in the GLK when I walk into the house.
https://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-AC...+music+gateway

Simultaneously. since it is only A2DP, the gateway does not connect to the Phones HandsFree, the GLK does that. So bringing up calls or SIRI/Assistant, will override the streaming music or radio as it should.

When I switched from Blackbery OS 7 9930 (touchcreen most people never saw) to BlackBerry 10 Q10 (Touchscreen that ran BB10 and could run Android apps that no one ever knew about), there were no issues. The same with Android devices.

When using iPhones, the input signal coming from the gateway is greatly reduced, leading me to finalize this setup with an FiiO Portable headphone amplifier. The headphone amp amplifies the signal coming from the Blackberry Music gateway and connects to the Aux input. I chose to pay the $60 bucks for the headphone amp because it also has no battery (thus powers on and off with the car) has an analog volume dial that stays where I want it to, and 3 loudness modes with varying bass.

https://www.neweggbusiness.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIV00F31W3333&nm_mc=afc-cjb2b&cm_mmc=afc-cjb2b-_-Headphones+and+Accessories-_-FiiO-_-9SIV00F31W3333
The problem I seem to have is that if anything is plugged into the aux it causes problems.

I can make and receive calls and my music streaming stops, however sometimes I can't hear the caller. Just for a few seconds at a time.

Do you think that that is normal or could it be a fault? Others have suggested that if anything is connected to aux then it will continue to search for a device (maybe that over simplifies it) but I think it's strange if it's like that as it makes the aux almost useless if you can only have one or the other.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
GLK 350, 300ce
Originally Posted by Steve Jö Cooke
The problem I seem to have is that if anything is plugged into the aux it causes problems.

I can make and receive calls and my music streaming stops, however sometimes I can't hear the caller. Just for a few seconds at a time.

Do you think that that is normal or could it be a fault? Others have suggested that if anything is connected to aux then it will continue to search for a device (maybe that over simplifies it) but I think it's strange if it's like that as it makes the aux almost useless if you can only have one or the other.
I have the Audio 20.
Aux input is only relevant when in disc/aux mode on the stereo. If there is a call that comes in on the Mercedes Bluetooth Handsfree, Aux is cut out, but the phone conversation is not interrupted. MB Bluetooth should overtake and release when the call is over.

The same goes for the radio.

Could your phone be paired to more than one Handsfree device at a time? I know in iOS it's hard to determine that since it only shows a connected state, but Android and BB10 should indicate device and type of bluetooth connection being made.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:06 AM

B180
I thought the same

Originally Posted by mbzusr
I have the Audio 20.
Aux input is only relevant when in disc/aux mode on the stereo. If there is a call that comes in on the Mercedes Bluetooth Handsfree, Aux is cut out, but the phone conversation is not interrupted. MB Bluetooth should overtake and release when the call is over.

The same goes for the radio.

Could your phone be paired to more than one Handsfree device at a time? I know in iOS it's hard to determine that since it only shows a connected state, but Android and BB10 should indicate device and type of bluetooth connection being made.
Thanks for your thoughtful reply.

When I first connected the Bluetooth streaming device, I also thought that the aux would be disabled when it switches to built in telephone. However, I have tested it with an aux cable (no Bluetooth) connected and I get the same result. It seems that the problem comes when anything is connected to the aux.
I suppose my question is, is this normal? Hopefully it's a fault I can get fixed.
Any advise is appreciated.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 c240 avantgarde,2011 glk 300
hi, i use this and the MB phone Bluetooth system works fine with both the phone and this gadget connected

the same time
Old 09-28-2016, 03:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK350 4Matic
Using a very similar set up. My only wish is that I could control it through Command or to have steering wheel controls to change track. That's it!!!