GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Why won't MB fix my car under warranty? why the runaround?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GLK 350
Why won't MB fix my car under warranty? why the runaround?

I have a 2013 GLK 350. It currently has 44,000 kms which is around 25k miles.

Just last month the engine light came on and I scanned it as P0040 which is O2 sensors swapped. The light went away after a day and came back a few days later so I brought it into an MB corporate store to get it looked at. All they did was reset it and told me it was an anomoly since it only happened once and it should be fine after that. Fast forward a week later, the CEL comes back on again, but this time its a P2279 that came on, went away the next day and came on the day after. I took it straight to MB to have it looked at and the advisor said they would take care of it. Fast forward 3 days later, she calls me and tells me that its ready. I asked her what was wrong and she said it was just a one time thing, probably a loose gas cap and it was a code that had to do with emissions. I asked her what code it showed and she said it was a P2700. I knew right there that she was outright lying. I scanned it as a P2279 prior to bringing it to the dealer. P2700 is a code from an automatic transmission fault, not emissions. She said they have test drove it and everything seems normal so they cleared the code. I came by afterwards to pick it up and as I drove it off the lot, the CEL came back on. I don't get this?? Why not fix the car? Why clear the code and lie about what code it was to me? Obviously the light will come back on since its been doing it intermittently so clearing it is moot. What genius decided that this was the best way to deal with it?

I won't name the dealer. They are still working on the car and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Its based in Ontario. The car drives fine as far as I can tell, but the computer seems to think otherwise. What do you guys think of this situation? Is MB Canada not paying their dealers enough money for warranty work??

Last edited by Trixstar; 09-13-2016 at 12:06 AM.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:04 AM

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
2013 GLK350
Not sure about MB, but I've dealt with a lot of car dealers and their service departments. If I ran into this, I would look for another dealer or place to get my car fixed. If there weren't other locations around, I would sell the car and get a different brand. I hate having a car where I can't get it serviced satisfactorily.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GLK 350
Received my car back today. The dealer called and told me it was an intake manifold air leak which I already knew before hand. They replaced the seal on the left and right side of the air manifold. The old ones were apparently deformed. The check engine light has not come on after an evening of driving so I think this fix has worked. If only Mercedes had just done their job right in the first place, it would have been fixed sooner. Anyways, despite all the waiting and going back and forth to the dealer, I'm glad they fixed it and they provided me with a loaner vehicle.