GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Wheel Spacers for Wider Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 06:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2010 x204
Wheel Spacers for Wider Wheels

I just wanted to know if there anyone on this forum has wheel spacers installed on their GLK?

I am trying to run 21x10 +46 wheels on 265/40/21 tires. The rears fit perfectly fine, but the rim is in contact with the strut and does not clear the suspension up in the front.

I am unsure of which wheel spacer size to buy, since the wheel itself is 1.5 inches wider than my original OEM wheels (20x8.5 +45).

I am sure that 1.5" spacers would cause the tires to rub on the fender and positive that anything less than 10 mm will still not clear the suspension.

If anyone has expertise in choosing the right wheel spacers, recommendations, or is currently running on wheel spacers, I'm all ears for suggestions, thanks!
Old 12-07-2016, 03:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes GLK 350
Do the wheels come with a different offset than what you currently have? If so, I would start there. I had a wheel fitment problem with my wife's car. The company sent the wrong offset so they sent spacers instead. The spacers were hub centric, but never fit quit right and caused vibration, couple that along with them messing up the length of wheel studs I needed to make it work. Finally they shipped the right wheels and took everything else back. Nightmare.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:43 AM

2010 x204
Originally Posted by Ben Conner
Do the wheels come with a different offset than what you currently have? If so, I would start there. I had a wheel fitment problem with my wife's car. The company sent the wrong offset so they sent spacers instead. The spacers were hub centric, but never fit quit right and caused vibration, couple that along with them messing up the length of wheel studs I needed to make it work. Finally they shipped the right wheels and took everything else back. Nightmare.
Appreciate the reply, but sadly no, the wheels don't come in a different offset. I've already bought the wheels and tires so the only thing I can do now is buy a pair of spacers and extended lug bolts.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:12 AM

Mercedes GLK 350
I am running 19x8.5 with a 45mm offset and a 245 tire. With a 35mm offset, that wouldn't fit.

A 10mm may not do it, you may need a 12 or more. Whatever you do, be sure to get hub centric spacers. Also, there is a hex screw on the face of the hub that you can take off to be sure the spacers fit completely flush. That screw is used in assembly at the factory and serves no purpose on the hub.

I think the main problem you will run into is the wheels and tires are going to be sticking out so much that it's going to look somewhat odd. Most shops, at least around here won't put the spacers on for you, so keep that in mind too. Best of luck.
The following users liked this post:
Andrew Nguyen (12-12-2016)
Old 12-12-2016, 11:23 PM

2010 x204
I ordered 15mm spacers with extended lug bolts, should be arriving later this week. Hopefully the front wheels don't stick out TOO much ... I'll find out this weekend.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:15 PM

Mercedes GLK 350
Originally Posted by Andrew Nguyen
I ordered 15mm spacers with extended lug bolts, should be arriving later this week. Hopefully the front wheels don't stick out TOO much ... I'll find out this weekend.
Hope it works out man, good luck! Post some pics when done.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:12 AM

2010 x204

Wheels do stick out quite a bit. It occasionally rubs the fender lining during major dips or turns, but I'm still happy with the results nonetheless!
Old 01-09-2017, 04:30 PM

Received 152 Likes on 132 Posts
2013 GLK350
looks fine to me, love those rims on your GLK!