new colours, dropped Tenorite Grey

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 07:50 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Haflinger
new colours, dropped Tenorite Grey

**Australia**
ordered a GLS 350 in Feb, just got told that Tenorite Grey is now discontinued & that a delay is also from a lack of "off road" packages

As we say here "not happy Jan" !!

I am quite amazed at how un professional MB are. The whole process has been quite old school. We will still will keep our 13 Cayenne Diesel for a while. [brilliant car] The Porsche sale process was quite unbelievable as to how well it was done. MB in Oz is a joke!

If I get told I can't get night pack with 'off road' & 'AMG line' exterior then we will cancel. The local configurator says I can't , yet the dealer is saying yes.....

Once the disco 5 arrives next year , GLS could be in trouble, so close, yet so far....

[we have waited a year for the update as we need a proper adult 7 seater & the Discovery 4 is such a truck...sigh]

Can you buy the HUD in the UK?? Its not available in Oz for some BS reason about the dash not being ok...another hmm from MB....

Last edited by blazing928; 05-05-2016 at 08:07 AM.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB - E class
Originally Posted by blazing928
**Australia**
ordered a GLS 350 in Feb, just got told that Tenorite Grey is now discontinued & that a delay is also from a lack of "off road" packages

As we say here "not happy Jan" !!

I am quite amazed at how un professional MB are. The whole process has been quite old school. We will still will keep our 13 Cayenne Diesel for a while. [brilliant car] The Porsche sale process was quite unbelievable as to how well it was done. MB in Oz is a joke!

If I get told I can't get night pack with 'off road' & 'AMG line' exterior then we will cancel. The local configurator says I can't , yet the dealer is saying yes.....

Once the disco 5 arrives next year , GLS could be in trouble, so close, yet so far....

[we have waited a year for the update as we need a proper adult 7 seater & the Discovery 4 is such a truck...sigh]

Can you buy the HUD in the UK?? Its not available in Oz for some BS reason about the dash not being ok...another hmm from MB....
Oh no, the Tenorite Grey discontinued? Are you kidding? I think that is the best color next to white or black. I browse through the Oz web site and the color is still on in the configurator.

On one hand i agree with you the sales of MB is not that professional. We once talked to a sales, had a chat then expressed our interest to firm up our purchase in 2 months time frame. Asked for some product info and when we retreated, the sales guy didn't bother to ask us to leave contact details at all. Very funny, but be it an isolated incident.

And for the Porsche, we didn't have great experience as well. Spent 30 mins in the show room, helping us into all the show cars, asking receprion for help of a sales person. And received no attention at all. Might be they were understaffed or ....

So we ended up buying from another MB dealer
Old 05-05-2016, 08:28 PM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
GLS450
https://mbworld.org/forums/gls-class...ml#post6790706
Old 05-05-2016, 11:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Haflinger
so changed order this morning to Selenite grey [with night pack & AMG line exterior] from Tenorite.
yes we think Tenorite was the best, but apparently its not a big seller.

This also meant changing the interior from Cyrstal grey with carbon to saddle brown with open pore ash.

hopefully it will be built this month so we can have it by mid July for the snow season.
Evenly there is a delay on 'off road' packs, as its been a popular order option that was unexpected by MB, so they haven't ordered enough supply.

Latest info also was HUD displays parts coming from Japan have been delayed after severe earth quakes last month. This doesn't affect us as we cant get HUD on Australian GLS.

sat in one on the showroom floor. New interior a little better. a bigger screen would be nice. Plastic around switches & command area on the centre console looks & feels cheap. Its smooth and will mark easily. No change from old model. As far as updates go you need an eagle eye for detail. Apparently the new auto & air suspension is a big improvement.

As my wife says, with the dark windows, no one can see me!