GLS Class (X166) Produced from 2016 to 2019

3 Zone Climate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 05:09 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Too many to count
3 Zone Climate

I'm not that concerned about it...just a nit picky thing, but on my GLS with 3 Zone Climate, it seems like no matter what setting it's on, no air comes out of the ceiling vents in the back. You only get ceiling vents with the 3 zone climate package. If anyone has this package, if you could check if your's work, I'd be curious to see if mine have something wrong or it's just designed to not blow enough air or what.

Thanks
Old 01-09-2017, 12:05 AM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
16 GL550
i can't say for sure about the GLS. we have the 16 GL550 with 3 zone. just this afternoon when we had 7 people in the car they played with the rear zone. when it's on, air came out of the ceiling vents just fine
Old 01-09-2017, 12:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLS350d s
Originally Posted by Senatov
I'm not that concerned about it...just a nit picky thing, but on my GLS with 3 Zone Climate, it seems like no matter what setting it's on, no air comes out of the ceiling vents in the back. You only get ceiling vents with the 3 zone climate package. If anyone has this package, if you could check if your's work, I'd be curious to see if mine have something wrong or it's just designed to not blow enough air or what.

Thanks

Just gave a quickly try on my GLS with 3 Zone Climate (THERMOTRONIC, 3-Zone full automatic climate control described by manufacturer). They are working fine, the wind comes from top ceiling vents and its strength can be controlled by 2nd-row seat.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:47 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Too many to count
Originally Posted by bylife
Just gave a quickly try on my GLS with 3 Zone Climate (THERMOTRONIC, 3-Zone full automatic climate control described by manufacturer). They are working fine, the wind comes from top ceiling vents and its strength can be controlled by 2nd-row seat.
Interesting. On mine, once I turn it on a small puff of air comes out of the top vents for a second, but then all the air comes out of the bottom vents, with no wind at all coming out of the top, regardless of speed or setting. The only time you maybe feel it is when it turns on. Other than that, nothing.

Not sure if that's worth bringing it in for, but it's odd.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Please review your Owner's Manual pgs 131-136 (from memory) - you can also download PDF from mbusa.com from the Owner's Section.

The "roof vents" airflow is linked to the B-pillar vents - and the rear control panel has two air flow buttons that control the for air flow (center/floor vents) and 2nd button for the (B-pillar/roof vents) ... I "think" those air flow buttons might be "deactivated" if using front climate control to control the rear under single zone control - and air flow buttons are active if under rear control - and you can choose airflow - either all air flow center/floor - or all airflow B-pillar/roof - or with both buttons activated air flow is thru ALL.

I know you will work it out... check the manual pages - keep in mind my post tonight is from my memory....keep the beat !