Investing A private forum to discuss matters relating to investing, saving, retirement and more!

Stock Investing for Noobs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
Stock Investing for Noobs

When I try new things, I likie to jump in head first and just throw yself in as deep as possible. As far as I'm concerned, the real world is the best classroom a student could possibly hope for. I recently decided to jump into stock trading and see what I could do. So far I have bought 3 different stocks (LBAS, TPAC and QTWWD) and I'll recently be purchasing CRWG.

I was hoping this thread would be a good place for the experienced traders in here to give the rest of us tips on things like: What to look for in a company, best places to get up to date news on the market and specific companies and other such things.

So far the only places I look for news are my iPhone apps (The standard stock app, CNBC Real Time app and the Bloomberg app). Where else is there? I've been looking oline for all of this info but honestly, I don't even know where to start.

I think a lot of us could get some serious benefit from the wisdom that some of you have gained over the years.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a g
Most investment companies have resources you can access and free professional advice for account holders. I personally use Etrade, their trading tools and education materials have helped me well. You can also use www.Investopedia.com

I am digging the information I see on Quantum. Gonna watch it for a few days though, make sure it will be on the up. Thanks!
Old 02-21-2011, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
Thanks. I'm using scottrade, but I'm just looking for a better source of info. And once you pick a stock to invest in, what's the best way to keep up on the news for that specific company?
Old 02-21-2011, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a g
I would be looking at each companies direct websites. They are required to have all SEC filings available for review. Then they will also have press releases, future projects, current contracts, and other related information. Then, of course, viewing each specific company through your account should yield a good bit of information to track. The other thread about Crowdgather is a great example.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
I use valueline.com to get current nonbiased information on businesses and the economy.

Value Line is a complete, multidimensional investment management solution that enables both new and experienced investors to make timely, better-informed decisions. It provides a wealth of in-depth financial information, intelligently presented both in print and online, plus objective research, insightful commentary, proven price projections, and advanced analytical tools. Value Line is a richly detailed and continuously updated compendium of current and historical market and financial data spanning thousands of U.S. companies, mutual funds and other securities, industry sectors, indices and economic variables. Value Line has been the uncontested authority in reliable, unbiased financial information since 1931.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 194 Likes on 167 Posts
16 E550 Cab, 2003 Ram bright red crewcab 4x4 we call Clifford :)
This thread is over 8 years old