Investing A private forum to discuss matters relating to investing, saving, retirement and more!

Options Trading

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 SV650S, 11 Santa Fe
Options Trading

Do we have anybody who does options trading here? I'm just getting into the basics of it now. Would love to have a thread to discuss with other folks if anybody else is into it.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a g
I'm am also starting in with options trading. I'd love a thread about it!
Old 02-23-2011, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SV650S, 11 Santa Fe
Awesome. I use Scottrade for stocks but they have pretty much no flexibility with options. Their commissions also get pretty steep at $7+1.25/contract. I'm looking at Interactive Brokers as a replacement $0.70/contract is pretty cheap and they are very flexible. However I feel like a moron trying to use their trading platform. I think it's meant for a much more experienced trader than I am however despite the steep learning curve I think it might be good as I get more active in this.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en...gemap_demo.php
Old 02-24-2011, 09:33 AM

a g
The options platform on Etrade seems to me to be pretty complete. I know they aren't the cheapest, but the completeness is nice. They also have quite a bit of free education on all topics and specific options related information. I'm not sure about Scotttrade, hi Etrade has four levels of options trading. If you are a new options trader it does restrict it a little but lack of experience can be killer.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
One of the best in the business is Phil Davis at Philstockworld.com...Its a pay site (worth every penny) You can read his stuff for free at his site (delayed) and at Seekingalpha.com as well. If you join mention member kustomz for a special price..Ive been there since 2006 and the guy is a market genius. I've been trading since 1999 and have yet to find a better teacher or mentor. Good luck and feel free to visit the site to get a better idea of its workings.

P.S. We all use Thinkorswim at TDAmeritrade, where we have a guy and get better pricing as well.

Last edited by kustom2k1; 02-24-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SV650S, 11 Santa Fe
I hope your guy gives you quite a discount. I first looked at thinkorswim those rates are steep. I guess they have to pay for the commercials somehow.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
Originally Posted by hellcat
I hope your guy gives you quite a discount. I first looked at thinkorswim those rates are steep. I guess they have to pay for the commercials somehow.

You get what you pay for, TOS platform is unbeatable..I use lots of info to help me predict market moves..watch the futures like oil, currencies, copper, gold, bonds etc. Your right, IB or LS are cheaper and lots of people use IB for execution and TOS for charts and info.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by kustom2k1
One of the best in the business is Phil Davis at Philstockworld.com...Its a pay site (worth every penny) You can read his stuff for free at his site (delayed) and at Seekingalpha.com as well. If you join mention member kustomz for a special price..Ive been there since 2006 and the guy is a market genius. I've been trading since 1999 and have yet to find a better teacher or mentor. Good luck and feel free to visit the site to get a better idea of its workings.

P.S. We all use Thinkorswim at TDAmeritrade, where we have a guy and get better pricing as well.
Love seeking Alpha, good info there.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SV650S, 11 Santa Fe
Originally Posted by kustom2k1
You get what you pay for, TOS platform is unbeatable..I use lots of info to help me predict market moves..watch the futures like oil, currencies, copper, gold, bonds etc. Your right, IB or LS are cheaper and lots of people use IB for execution and TOS for charts and info.
Yeah, I'm still on the "very small fish" side of the trading game so high commissions eat into my profits much more.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I use thinkorswim
Used to use Fidelity
If you have more than 10mil$ in assets inquire about Thinkpipes
They offer excel dde api, java and fix
Once you start selling options it's a PITA to do proper tracking if you are updating Excel by hand
Old 04-30-2019, 03:36 AM

Toyota Camry
Yeah, I tried options a couple of times, but I don't seem to like it as much as currency and CFDs trading. I use a broker called Forexchief, I like their leverage offered and spreads are considerably very low. Option trading is not just my thing I guess.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:27 AM

Chevrolet Lacetti
i think that option it's not good thread for investing . Now I have to write an essay about it. Does anyone know where I can get this job? Found a website which collects reviews on service essay writing https://edureviewer.com/services/essaypro-com-review but I'm not sure that they were not bought by owners. What you think?

Last edited by Nariert; 05-30-2019 at 11:58 PM.