Investing A private forum to discuss matters relating to investing, saving, retirement and more!

NOK - Nokia

Old 03-28-2011, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a g
NOK - Nokia

www.Nokia.com

GOLDMAN UPGRADES NOKIA (NOK) TO BUY FROM NEUTRAL WITH $12.40 TARGET PRICE
Font size: A | A | A
undefined undefined | S&P Marketscope
SNPMarketScopeViewsNews2011-03-28 08:37:21.000NOKNOKIA CORPORATIONBRIAN EGLIGOLDMAN UPGRADES NOKIA (NOK) TO BUY FROM NEUTRAL WITH $12.40 TARGET PRICEAnalyst Tim Boddy tells salesforce NOK's stock price is 80% below '07 highs as it failed to execute on plan of becoming integrated competitor to AAPL, GOOG. Given strong network effects enjoyed by rival ecosystems, thinks decision to focus on smartphone hardware design, assembly & distribution is appropriate, returns NOK to its core competencies. Despite likely NT volatility as co. goes through 12-18-mo. transition period, believes cost reduction can be larger than investors expect, while collapse in handset mkt share, margins implied by valuation is excessive. B.Egli|US;NOK|7244|FI|215985
I've invested in this, especially with the news above Goldman Sachs (I know they tend to be risky investors), but I've felt for a while that Nokia would provide good prospects for future growth. Also being the largest worldwide cellular phone producer they wouldn't go quietly. Like I said in the "Cash On Hand" thread weeks ago, a 12-18 month transition period is likely to get new product to market. But 12-18 months would leave Nokia ahead at that point.

I would expect some short term loss as things shake out, but look for them to be good 18-24 months from now. That is if the world doesn't end first

As always, invest at your own choice, and please seek professional counsel not just the information posted here. Be sure this fits with your investment goals and portfolio. And Good Luck Investing!