Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

E550 vs E55

Old 04-22-2011, 08:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32, 2007 E550 4matic
E550 vs E55

I was coming home from work in my E550, when I see an E55 a few cars up. In PA, the left lane is the slowest due to everyone getting there and just holding the lane. My exit comes up and presents 2 new lanes on the right. I go to the far right and proceed to exit and pass the E55. He jumps in my lane behind me and begins to follow when a truck cuts him off. Fortunately, he passes the truck and catches up to me. He is on the left and I am on the right. He wants to get in the right lane so he immediately jumps from about 65 to 75 and pulls in front of me. He obviously doesn't know how much I love my 384hp, V8 powered, black E550 4matic. I jump up to 75 to show him who I am. He then pushes it a little more, and I floor it. Does this man not know what my car can do? He then floors it and tries to pull away. Well actually, he succeeeds, and it isn't pretty. I gave up when he started getting smaller in the distance. He slowed down, we got side by side, and we gave each other the thumbs up. I let him know how much I loved the E55 AMG. I actually went looking for one before I got my 550. I needed the 4matic. I have always heard that the E55's rated 469ish hp was underrated, and I always wanted to see how bad I would get beat by one. Today was the first time that I ever lined up against one. To the guy in the silver E55, nice seeing that beast move man.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
They're definitely underrated. Lots of them have dyno'd at 415-430 rwhp stock, which puts them up over 500 crank with an 18% driveline loss. Also if you run the traps they hit through horsepower calculators they come up in the 500-515 range, even 530 for those that hit a 116 mph trap.

Kudos to you for being a good sport about it! I ran some kid in an E500 one time who was trying to show off for his girlfriend and just murdered him, and he got irate and flipped me off; I just laughed and returned the favor.

Btw your car is underrated as well; traps I've seen on the 550 cars indicate a true crank horsepower over 400!
Old 10-22-2014, 08:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 S63 AMG
Originally Posted by MyFirstAMG
I was coming home from work in my E550, when I see an E55 a few cars up. In PA, the left lane is the slowest due to everyone getting there and just holding the lane. My exit comes up and presents 2 new lanes on the right. I go to the far right and proceed to exit and pass the E55. He jumps in my lane behind me and begins to follow when a truck cuts him off. Fortunately, he passes the truck and catches up to me. He is on the left and I am on the right. He wants to get in the right lane so he immediately jumps from about 65 to 75 and pulls in front of me. He obviously doesn't know how much I love my 384hp, V8 powered, black E550 4matic. I jump up to 75 to show him who I am. He then pushes it a little more, and I floor it. Does this man not know what my car can do? He then floors it and tries to pull away. Well actually, he succeeeds, and it isn't pretty. I gave up when he started getting smaller in the distance. He slowed down, we got side by side, and we gave each other the thumbs up. I let him know how much I loved the E55 AMG. I actually went looking for one before I got my 550. I needed the 4matic. I have always heard that the E55's rated 469ish hp was underrated, and I always wanted to see how bad I would get beat by one. Today was the first time that I ever lined up against one. To the guy in the silver E55, nice seeing that beast move man.
You might take us a little from a dead stop due to your 4matic. We will eventually catch up. Imagine an E55 with 4matic O_O. We have so much torque that we lose traction when we try to put that all on the ground. But from a roll, we will immediately pull away. Good **** bro, I rarely get a good race nowadays with all the pansy *** electro hos.