Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

W210 E55 vs. E46 M3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Angry W210 E55 vs. E46 M3

Last night on my way to have dinner with friends, I saw a White E46 M3 tailing me...... I was on the phone at that time so I neither paid attention nor wanted to play..... the traffic was pretty crowded also.....

After I hung up, the M3 changed lane and passed me...... and sped...... so I decided to test my E55 against younger and smaller M3.....

I approached him quite fast.... and tailed him for about 5 secs at approx 85mph... then, I started to hear a quite loud sound from the M3... indicating he changed gear, floored the car and asked me to play..... I had to admit that the M3 flew.....

With my wife (again ) beside me..... I floored my car as well.... when the M3 was already 4-5 car lengths in front of me..... However, I shorted my distance quite fast..... it was clear that my E55 has stronger breath than the M3 at 90-100 mph.....

I was less than 1/2 - 1 car length behind him when the M3 started to "throw" some small rocks to me...... I said WTF..... I then slowed down and changed lane.... trying to avoid more rock chips on my hood and bumper..... even worse, that darn driver floored his M3 again when I slowed down..... throwing a lot more rocks to me....

When I feel the road was clean again, the M3 was already disappeared.....

I haven't counted additional rock chips on my car..... but pretty sure there are some

I will surely challenge him when we meet again.... and next time, I will be the one "throwing" rocks to his hood....
Old 05-15-2004, 06:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess he didn't mean it. He just don't want to get beat. I have to say no point racing him when you have a much faster car anyway.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
I think I understand what you mean by "throwing" rocks at you. Good race, you would have beat him lol.
Old 06-07-2004, 03:22 PM
Almost a Member!

Sounds like the guy in the M3 was doing some dirty racing. What you should have done is tried to get in front of him, then start using your windshield washer spray thing (at high speeds the water will also spray on to his windshield thus making him have to turn on his wipers, have a wet and soapy front and hopefully irritate him).
Old 06-07-2004, 03:52 PM

2003 C32
Originally posted by B. Datwani PMA
Sounds like the guy in the M3 was doing some dirty racing. What you should have done is tried to get in front of him, then start using your windshield washer spray thing (at high speeds the water will also spray on to his windshield thus making him have to turn on his wipers, have a wet and soapy front and hopefully irritate him).
Yes, it is recommended that you use your windshield wipers when exceeding 100 mph. Doesn't affect YOUR vision at all.

How is the M driver using dirty racing? I doubt he built the road or left rock chips on it...