M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

HELP: Removal of front / rear bumpers and headlights?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 S2000, E46 M3, 99 ML320
Talking HELP: Removal of front / rear bumpers and headlights?

I ordered some new parts for my tired workhorse (99 ML320) and need to remove the bumpers to do some cutting....

Not familiar with this suv at all since I never really worked on one before - can anyone help? I need to get both bumpers of the car (Front/rear)

Any help will be appreciated!

P.S. Can anyone tell me if those E-bay chrome front bumper / side-steps are a good buy in the $250 range? Going to add some new fogs too...hehe

thanks
rick
Old 01-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes ML320
Originally Posted by s4play
I ordered some new parts for my tired workhorse (99 ML320) and need to remove the bumpers to do some cutting....

Not familiar with this suv at all since I never really worked on one before - can anyone help? I need to get both bumpers of the car (Front/rear)

Any help will be appreciated!

P.S. Can anyone tell me if those E-bay chrome front bumper / side-steps are a good buy in the $250 range? Going to add some new fogs too...hehe

thanks
rick

Rear bumper removal is cake! remove all 3 caps on the rear bumper and there are 2 10mm bolts on the 2 side caps and 2 10mm nuts on center cap. After that it slides right off.

front bumper. 2 10mm you can see from the bumpers plastic grill. under the bumper on the sides your going to see about 4 nuts and bolts holding the bumper on. It's self explanitory. It comes right off.

I just took mine off to paint it black. It use to be grey. Looks great now. I put the chrome kit on it and all i need are the lights now.

ps sounds to me like a good buy.

good luck!