M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

hello, my 2006 ml350 keeps showing me the service due screen.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 08:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 E63 S-AMG
hello, my 2006 ml350 keeps showing me the service due screen.

i dont want to pay for the service because my lease is up next week.
how do i clear the error. i know there is a series of button to press
Old 12-21-2007, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by gstatus929
If your lease is with MBCC you are required to do the sevices/inspections. Even if you manage to clear the notice you will have to pay them to do the inspection if its not in the dealer's records or you can't provide proof of having it done. They are not stupid and they will come after you.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:24 PM

2014 E63 S-AMG
my lease is through a private bank, so im not worried. i just dont want the service indicator there at the time they inspect the car.

can someone please tell me what buttons to press to clear the message
Old 01-01-2008, 01:11 AM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
2000 ML320 2006 SLK 350
Dude, resetting the FSS is well documented in the manual...

I routinely reset the FSS AFTER doing a DIY on the service Don't know, why you want to do that though without servicing it...I mean, abusing a car just because its a lease....don't understand that mentality...

I own a ML & lease a Tribeca and was recently on an extended rental in a GMC Envoy due to somebody hitting my ML...I equally care(d) for all my rides... On the lease, I keep the documents as proof of its service history more religiously than for the one that I own...

You may have leased the vehicle through a private bank, however, they probably are well educated about what to look for at the time of lease return, including its service history.

This forum is filled with car enthusiasts and lovers...you probably are seeking such advice at the wrong place, I think...
Old 01-01-2008, 11:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
Originally Posted by gstatus929
If your service is due immediately do the darn thing otherwise you'll rank as one of the most dishonest people I've known - I intend to make you feel guilty, BTW.

At least, get the oil change done. If the FSS displays an interval that may go through your contract, then check your contract and decide whether or not you really want to pass the service over to an unsuspecting neused ML owner. Otherwise take sosh's advice and abide by your contract!!! Actually, I think you know the answer to your question - you're just looking for accomplices!!!!!!

Why am I so hard on you? Well, just think of the poor fella who will eventually buy your truck and then come back here complaining about everything. I don't want to deal with that anymore, so get the darn service done, period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!