M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

How Many Miles Do You Have on Your ML???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something I absolutely love
Originally Posted by Stiggs
Oh dear God. This is gonna get ugly. Welcome to poser town. I hope your stay here isn't as bad as others.
In all due respect to all AMG owners. It is my car and I own it, I can do whatever I want with it and nobody can't tell me or make me feel different otherwise. This is the first time anyone has said anything to me and I have been here a long time. We all obviously have an indescribable passion for our ML's and I would like to share that passion with others who feel the same. I don't want to fight, so if we can I would like to leave it at that like civilized adults.

Last edited by ML500 5.0L V-8; 05-17-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01 ML55, 91 Supra Turbo, 05 Audi S4
Please upgrade but don't put an AMG badge on a non AMG vehicle, it's not cool! True it's your ML and you can do whatever you want to it but on this and many other MB forums your gonna be called POSER! I own a REAL AMG and seeing that makes me laugh! Good luck with the upgrades tho!
Old 05-17-2008, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by ML500 5.0L V-8
In all due respect to all AMG owners. It is my car and I own it, I can do whatever I want with it and nobody can't tell me or make me feel different otherwise. This is the first time anyone has said anything to me and I have been here a long time. We all obviously have an indescribable passion for our ML's and I would like to share that passion with others who feel the same. I don't want to fight, so if we can I would like to leave it at that like civilized adults.
OK...I'm cool. I was just trying to warn you.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:04 PM

Thanks for the warning. Everyone can call me a poser if they want to, but I really don't care what anyone thinks about my Five Hundred because I love every inch of her.

Last edited by ML500 5.0L V-8; 05-17-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
This has been talked about in MANY of the forums on this site... so Ill try not to beat a dead horse but here are my thoughts... I believe a non AMG with the body package is called a Sport not an amg... an AMG isnt a body kit... its the engine... and an ML500 AMG... is well mmm ______. The ML AMG(known as the 55) has a number of different things... sport body kit(even labeled that way when you want to buy the parts, not AMG kit), different leather, power dome hood, different steering wheel, shift knob, wood, spare tire mounted in the trunk because of the dual exhuast... the package as a whole makes it amg... not some trinkets here and there. If you are going to buy the AMG emblem to put on there... at least buy the real ones, not those cheap chinese ones that fade or break over time... at least get an oem one

And those pedals you want to buy are fleabay pedals, not AMG pedals... the ML55 doesnt have special pedals and never has. From what I see your ML500 is an inspiration edition... why not flaunt the inspiration edition... its special in its own right.

and the non critical portion of this... careful of the HPS supercharger many people have had awful awful luck with them. Its been pretty well documented by a number of owners on this site(not ML but MB V8 owners in general) to have destroyed there engines with the HPS kit... The only supercharger system worth purchasing is the Kleeman(low boost SC is about $8k, and the high boost is like $12k) but then it gets tough to swallow. The HPS Gen 1 kits worked well with the 430 engines but that was the extent of there ability... good luck modding
Old 05-17-2008, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by 55fanatic
This has been talked about in MANY of the forums on this site... so Ill try not to beat a dead horse but here are my thoughts... I believe a non AMG with the body package is called a Sport not an amg... an AMG isnt a body kit... its the engine... and an ML500 AMG... is well mmm ______. The ML AMG(known as the 55) has a number of different things... sport body kit(even labeled that way when you want to buy the parts, not AMG kit), different leather, power dome hood, different steering wheel, shift knob, wood, spare tire mounted in the trunk because of the dual exhuast... the package as a whole makes it amg... not some trinkets here and there. If you are going to buy the AMG emblem to put on there... at least buy the real ones, not those cheap chinese ones that fade or break over time... at least get an oem one

And those pedals you want to buy are fleabay pedals, not AMG pedals... the ML55 doesnt have special pedals and never has. From what I see your ML500 is an inspiration edition... why not flaunt the inspiration edition... its special in its own right.

and the non critical portion of this... careful of the HPS supercharger many people have had awful awful luck with them. Its been pretty well documented by a number of owners on this site(not ML but MB V8 owners in general) to have destroyed there engines with the HPS kit... The only supercharger system worth purchasing is the Kleeman(low boost SC is about $8k, and the high boost is like $12k) but then it gets tough to swallow. The HPS Gen 1 kits worked well with the 430 engines but that was the extent of there ability... good luck modding

I know everything about AMG, I have worshiped AMG for years. I know about the pedals also, I have sent my fair share of time around ML55's and similar to know. I didn't like the normal AMG badge and bought the ones that have a black surround not trying to copy so much, plus the normal badge wouldn't fit under the V8. This is no different when a dealer puts AMG rims on a non-AMG car because they actually look better than the original.

It is pretty hard to flaunt the Inspiration Edition because it was only a package, however some of it's interior parts are carry overs from the 55. For example, the sport seats. Not to mention the leather is the same in all ML's.

Thanks for the advice on the HPS, I will look into the Kleeman.

However, this is not going to be worth fighting anymore because everyone is quite one sided and I can understand why. I will probably get flamed for this too, but can we put this to rest? It is already done.

Last edited by ML500 5.0L V-8; 05-17-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

I know everything about AMG, I have worshiped AMG for years. I know about the pedals also, I have sent my fair share of time around ML55's and similar to know. I didn't like the normal AMG badge and bought the ones that have a black surround not trying to copy so much, plus the normal badge wouldn't fit under the V8. This is no different when a dealer puts AMG rims on a non-AMG car because they actually look better than the original.

It is pretty hard to flaunt the Inspiration Edition because it was only a package, however some of it's interior parts are carry overs from the 55. For example, the sport seats. Not to mention the leather is the same in all ML's.

Thanks for the advice on the HPS, I will look into the Kleeman.

However, this is not going to be worth fighting anymore because everyone is quite one sided and I can understand why. I will probably get flamed for this too, but can we put this to rest? It is already done.
check again on the leather... the ML55 has different leather... someone can correct me if I am wrong but I believe the ML55 has buffalo leather, not the other stuff... and has more Leather accents as well...

and again... an AMG rim doesnt mean you put the AMG badge on your car... do you put an HRE shield when you put HREs on a car? Not usually... leave the AMG for where it belongs

EDIT: Here ya go... it is buffalo leather, and its different seats too... and I forgot to mention the red calipers on the 55s, which stopped in 02
http://www.wheels.ca/article/22023

Last edited by 55fanatic; 05-17-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:23 PM

So is your guy's plan to make me mad enough to pull my AMG badges off just because you don't like it? Plus leave the forums because it isn't right? I didn't know we were all five year olds whining about someone who has something that doesn't belong. I don't make any bad remarks to what anyone does to their car because it is wrong and rude. If you don't like it, don't say anything! I really don't want to fight, but you all keep pushing.

P.S. Since it is buffalo leather what is the "other stuff" because on my sticker the leather doesn't have an actual name.

Last edited by ML500 5.0L V-8; 05-17-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

these are public forums... people tell me they dont like my lowered 55 lots of times... I just accept it... many AMG owners take insult to non AMGs being badged as such... why? because it dilutes the brand...

If you know so much about MLs you would know that the ratio of ML55s to all other MLs is roughly 1:1000 and thats off a bit... I know there are more then 1 million W163(as of 2004ish) MLs on the road, and I know there are just south of 8500 ML55s... I also know that my particular ML... was the 204,911 ML made... I am not telling you to get off this board, I am not telling you to take your badges off... I am just telling you that when most owners who know about these cars see yours, they are going to chuckle at your AMG badged car

And I know of a few members of this thread that will have a laugh about it over a few beers... get the kleeman SC and throw a kleeman badge on there call it a day... that makes it a lot more special...
Old 05-17-2008, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by 55fanatic
these are public forums... people tell me they dont like my lowered 55 lots of times... I just accept it... many AMG owners take insult to non AMGs being badged as such... why? because it dilutes the brand...

If you know so much about MLs you would know that the ratio of ML55s to all other MLs is roughly 1:1000 and thats off a bit... I know there are more then 1 million W163(as of 2004ish) MLs on the road, and I know there are just south of 8500 ML55s... I also know that my particular ML... was the 204,911 ML made... I am not telling you to get off this board, I am not telling you to take your badges off... I am just telling you that when most owners who know about these cars see yours, they are going to chuckle at your AMG badged car

And I know of a few members of this thread that will have a laugh about it over a few beers... get the kleeman SC and throw a kleeman badge on there call it a day... that makes it a lot more special...
I may not know the ratio of my car and it's build number. I know it may be one in many, but IT IS MINE. What I know is that it has a hell of an engine, sound, style, and feel. So I am just going to take this with a grain of salt and look away. Bash if you must.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

build number is last 6 of your vin# for future reference...
Old 05-17-2008, 08:00 PM
MG
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
1998 E430; 2007 Porsche 911 C4S Cabriolet; 2011 Expedition EL Limited; 2014 E350 Estate
AMG wheels have a purpose, AMG head rests, have a purpose, even the AMG pedals have a purpose. A badge? A badge has one purpose, to make some think you own something you don't.

No one is going to take you seriously with that badge on your truck.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
You can put the badge on if you'd like, don't try and justify it though, because you can't.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SV650S, 11 Santa Fe
I may not know the ratio of my car and it's build number. I know it may be one in many, but IT IS MINE. What I know is that it has a hell of an engine, sound, style, and feel. So I am just going to take this with a grain of salt and look away. Bash if you must.
Here is what I don't understand. You clearly love your ML. You say you are happy with it and its a great engine and great car. So if you think your ML500 is so fantastic why are you trying to misrepresent it as something it isn't? Why not be satisified with what you really own?
Old 05-17-2008, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
So is your guy's plan to make me mad enough to pull my AMG badges off just because you don't like it? Plus leave the forums because it isn't right? I didn't know we were all five year olds whining about someone who has something that doesn't belong. I don't make any bad remarks to what anyone does to their car because it is wrong and rude. If you don't like it, don't say anything! I really don't want to fight, but you all keep pushing.

P.S. Since it is buffalo leather what is the "other stuff" because on my sticker the leather doesn't have an actual name.
I for one would never want to drive a member away from any board. Hell, I'd love to have you over at AMGpower to shoot the **** with us, but I just think its hard for an AMG owner to see a non AMG owner with badges on their car. You don't understand until you own one. Maybe I am being childish, but like many others here have said.....if you like your ML500 so much, why pretend its an AMG? Just stick with the stock badges and be happy. I have an ML430. Do I wish I had an ML55.....you bet your *** I do. Will putting an AMG badge on my ML430 make me feel like I have a real AMG....heck no!
Of course in the endits ultimately up to you what you put on your car. Just remember......people who know AMG will get a good laugh about it. Just trying to help you save some face, I like you because you drive an ML.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:57 PM

I for one would never want to drive a member away from any board. Hell, I'd love to have you over at AMGpower to shoot the **** with us, but I just think its hard for an AMG owner to see a non AMG owner with badges on their car. You don't understand until you own one. Maybe I am being childish, but like many others here have said.....if you like your ML500 so much, why pretend its an AMG? Just stick with the stock badges and be happy. I have an ML430. Do I wish I had an ML55.....you bet your *** I do. Will putting an AMG badge on my ML430 make me feel like I have a real AMG....heck no!
Of course in the endits ultimately up to you what you put on your car. Just remember......people who know AMG will get a good laugh about it. Just trying to help you save some face, I like you because you drive an ML.
I don't want to pretend it's and AMG, it's an ML500 and I don't want to change it. I know I cannot justify my actions really, but I like the way the badge looks. However, I really appreciate your proper approach to the issue. With that being said, I really enjoy this forum and would really hate to have to leave because of constant bashing. I love all ML's even if some are not my style, I respect the person for owning one. Hell, I respect all MB owners!

Last edited by ML500 5.0L V-8; 05-17-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
https://mbworld.org/forums/off-topic/243087-sick-posers-do-what-i-do-leave-them-poser-disposer-card.html
Old 05-17-2008, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
Sod off. It's not like I took off my ML500 badge and made it an ML50 or 55.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:22 PM

Well, that shows me the maturity level around here. I don't have to put up with this bashing, so see you all on the road!

Last edited by ML500 5.0L V-8; 05-17-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

def not buffalo leather... it could very well be MB tex wich is pleather
Old 05-17-2008, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Well, that shows me the maturity level around here. I don't have to put up with this bashing, so see you all on the road!
At least you took your sig down. Now you can just say you took the badges off and we won't know any better.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:04 PM

At least you took your sig down. Now you can just say you took the badges off and we won't know any better.
My point was that I am leaving for good thanks to this.

P.S. It is not pleather, trust me.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
My point was that I am leaving for good thanks to this.

P.S. It is not pleather, trust me.
Well, I couldn't save you here on the boards but remember my words here for they will ring true in the real world...............posers will get laughed at by true enthusiasts on the road. Its AMG fact. Its not too late to turn back to the good side of the force. Your path down the dark side has just begun.......remove the badges before its too late. Don't let hatred and anger take you over like it did Vader.

Sorry......random Star Wars tidbit there. Not sure where that came from.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SV650S, 11 Santa Fe
Well, I couldn't save you here on the boards but remember my words here for they will ring true in the real world...............posers will get laughed at by true enthusiasts on the road. Its AMG fact. Its not too late to turn back to the good side of the force. Your path down the dark side has just begun.......remove the badges before its too late. Don't let hatred and anger take you over like it did Vader.

Sorry......random Star Wars tidbit there. Not sure where that came from.
Nerd.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Out Of Control!!

hmm reading up on the ML500 inspiration edition it sounds like they used a sportier seat... but at no point does it refer to them as ML55seats which had bigger bolsters too... and it sounds like they just offered another color of leather but not the buffalo leather that was used in the 55...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: How Many Miles Do You Have on Your ML???