Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz SUVs, Trucks, Vans, Diesels, Other > M-Class (W163)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

M-Class (W163) 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2003, 01:31 PM   #1

Drives: 2003 ML350
Send a message via Yahoo to SanDiegoTFL
Question Programming for Remote Key Fob

I just purchased a new 2003 ML350. Only one of the remote key fobs worked properly because the dealer gave us the key for another ML as our second set!

Once the dealer mailed us the new key and remote, I followed the directions in the manual for programming, but no luck. Tried it several times since and still cannot get the remote programmed.

Has anyone successfully done this? If so, could you share your programming steps with us so we can have the steps now and for future reference?

Many thanks - great group!

Tim
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

Old 08-26-2003, 04:08 PM   #2

Drives: 2000 ML320/'03 C320WZ
First welcome on board....

Secondly, That is dumb to give you a remote key from another ML. Who is your dealer in San Diego, The New Remote must be sych to you ML when you have it, the NEw key isn't program yet to your ML. I order an extra key for my ML and I tried to sych it as per manual se,,, it didn't work so I have to take it to MB San Diego to make it work. they inserted my Key to the ignition then they program it thru lap tap computer. It took about 10 minutes. Take it to the dealer and have them fix it. Your is still warranty, correct?

and Third its weird that the dealer have only one key when you purchase your new ML. it's really something wrong.
BOSE System
DVD Entertainment System
2003 C320 Sport Sedan w/ C2,C4,CD Changer and TeleAid;-)
"Life is Short so Enjoy It"

Last edited by JimB; 08-26-2003 at 06:02 PM.
JimB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 04:08 PM

Tags
2003, buy, flob, fob, fobs, key, ml320, ml430, ml500, program, programing, programming, remote, set, w163