M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Hi All

Old 07-04-2014, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 ML270
Mechanic checked for blockages, nothing found. He has had it for an additional 2 months.

He suggested that it needs to go the dealer, because maybe the AAM was not programmed correctly when replaced. That the fan is not operating correctly.

In any case he wants it out of his workshop.........

So looks like it will be coming home to be an ornament.....

No other mechanics want to look at it.

I cant afford any more mechanics to look at it.

Shame really, its a nice car.

Cant sell it, cant wreck it.

Never again will a buy a Merc, I have had other cars with problems, but nothing that couldn't be sorted...

Last edited by outbackjackinoz; 07-05-2014 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:40 AM

2000 ML270
For those that are interested. Below is an update.

Still at mechanics. AAM has been checked, it does have a fault code for CANBUS, but not sure what it is.

Mechanic has pulled out heater core, all hoses etc. Making sure there was no blockages anywhere.
He found nothing.
Tonight he is pulling water pump off.

Still no clues what it is.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:35 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
ML320 W163 2000
Commiserations on your experiences! I wouldn't judge the brand by one car, on the other hand I've had two Vauxhall Astras and wouldn't buy another Vauxhall, ever....

I guess I've been fortunate, while my old ML320 was really filthy and scruffy and the paint is badly chipped, it runs fine in spite of low servicing in the past - no 'A' service for 50,000 miles, no 'B' service for over 60,000, no oil change for nearly 20,000 - I could do with catching up, but I'm broke, too!

I wonder if there is a correlation between nice condition cars that don't work well, because they have been used too gently, and poorer condition cars that work fine because they have been used hard?

In any case, you could always live in the car! I might have to live in mine if/when I go bankrupt running it! If you fold the rear seats down you can fit a large mattress in quite comfortably..... The battery could be kept alive with a solar panel and used to power the stereo etc, or at least a fan to keep it cooler, or maybe even a fridge...

I hope you can get it sorted, but you might have to draw a line somewhere on the expenses (I've cut down on food expenditure instead of selling the ML!).

Best wishes,

Stephen.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:47 AM

2000 ML270
Cheers for the response.

I still think Mercs are good cars, just not the one I have.

Problem with owning a Merc in my town is that there is not a lot of support available.

The indie here is a top bloke and helping all he can.