M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

2002 ML 270 BAS/ESP & ECP

Old 03-21-2014, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML270
Unhappy 2002 ML 270 BAS/ESP & ECP

Ok guys, just bought this car, 98,000m been back to garage several times now, and been told the problem is fixed... but it keeps coming back.. getting a bit tedious now!! Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Ordinary driving, any condition, after about 20min the BAS/ESP and ECP light comes on, the car wont kick down. No ABS errors

The car did have worn brake pads when I bought it so the garage fitted new pads and sensors all way round... But it hasn't cleared this issue...

I Have read on here that if the steering wheel is slightly off centre this can cause the yaw sensor to throw a code.... car thinking its going in a straight line but steering left/right? would explain the no kick down (limp mode?) could it be that simple?... the poor guy in the garage is pulling his hair out, as I am as the garage is a good 45min drive from me.

Also, the head unit occasionally says battery level low, start engine, or im gonna switch off ... engine running. No alternator light on, and its a new battery... I always thought battery Voltage when running should be 14.4v... Im getting 12.9v on meter... which is calibrated... Alternator on way out?... Please confirm the 14.4v before I go back and demand new alternator Could it be that the low voltage is causing the other errors?

Apart from that.. very nice to drive, feels tight and well looked after.

Last edited by bazzo; 03-21-2014 at 11:43 AM.