M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

2004 ML270 CDI - Diesel low presure pump

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 ML270 CDI
2004 ML270 CDI - Diesel low presure pump

I just bought a 2004 ML 270, sometimes it struggles to start, i can hear it is from no fuel. I had the High pressure pump & injectors tested, and they are fine.
I replaced the fuel filter yesterday, and noticed that there is no pressure when i switch ignition on.
Does the ML270 have a low pressure fuel pump to keep the system full of fuel? where is it fitted? or what could be the problem?
The following users liked this post:
marlay (11-24-2017)
Old 03-10-2015, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml 270 cdi
I have a similar problem with my ml 270 cdi. Some times won't start after leaving over night Or the whole day at work! If I start it hallway through the day then it starts when I leave work. Starts initialy then cuts out And takes a lot of cranking before she goes. Checked glow plugs ok .checked feed to glow plugs ok. Suspect fuel is leaking back. Ordered all new plastic fuel pipes under bonnet and leak off pipes. Also ordered new fuel pump/ level sender will keep you updated.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:07 AM

ML 163 270CDI
The problem may be in the valve for high pressure rails.Also look at the rubber seals of pipelines.Mercedes does not start when there is a problem with the injectors
Old 04-04-2015, 03:51 PM

ml 270 cdi
update on none start/project

Replaced low pressure pump in tank and the fuel gauge rose by a quarter of a tank. Did a leak of test on injectors and found 2, 3 , 5 leaking off excessive fuel. Could not remove injectors as corroded to head. Baught a puller and they all came out but damaged rest of injectors and the force used to pull them out cracker cam cover. Found threads for clamping injectors damaged and one bolt sheered in head from previous poor repaire. Now removed head and sent away to engineers for repaire and refurbish. Removed swirl flaps from heavily coked and blocked inlet manifold. Cleaned inlet manifold with acid now looks brand new.cleaned blocked egr now like new. Disabled egr using wiring mod. Fooling air mass into thinking egr is actuated but it's disconnected. Painted new cam cover in red along with exhaust manifold. Replaced leak off pipes with new pipes and brass nozzles instead of plastic. Turning a mess into something that will last year's and possibly be the best ml on the road when finished. Will post pics soon.