M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

ML 320 ECU ISSUES

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml320
Exclamation ML 320 ECU ISSUES

Hi I'm new to the mercedes world. I have a 1999 ML320. Up until recently I had a couple of emission issues. I replaced a couple of O2 sensors as per my OBDII readings. After doing one of the replacements I had cleared the codes and left the truck running to get it back up to operating temperatures. Unfortunately I forgot the truck was running and left it overnight(app. 11.5 hours)

I am no longer getting any codes and have a very long warm up period before the truck will even drive. I have found by opening up the air box it limits the misfires and idles much smoother.

Some of the things I have done since are:

1. Cleaned the EGR valve

2. Cleaned the MAF sensor

3. Cleaned the secondary air pump baffles.

It will sometime give me a check engine light but when I check for codes it tells me there are none. I borrowed a better tester and was getting 6 incompletes. Have I screwed up the ECU?

The truck runs fantastic when its warmed up but misfires and idles so low until it stalls unless I open up the air box. I bought this truck cheap and don't want to invest a lot of cash into it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:50 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 ML55,2007 ML63
Welcome to the forum.
Start by changing you air filter & have the car scanned with a pro level scanner. Post the codes after scanning with a pro level scanner.

Have you bought bosch O2 sensors?