M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

ML 320 - need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320
ML 320 - need help

hi all , am new to the site - requesting some hep guidance on my ML320

i have a year 2000 model vehicle which is normally very strong and hardly ever gives me any issues . It has 88k miles on the clock and normally does about 5k miles per year . I've had it for six years and had regular service including recent replacement of master cylinder and position crank sensor when it failed to start

Recently it has started stalling on me and results in loss of power , this normally happens at low revs or idle . It will restart in a second and that is usually accompanied by the yellow check engine light . This has now happened on 3 occasions . First time the mechanic who I have been using for years changed the MAF , but it happened again for which he tried cleaning the throttle housing ? , and now it is still happening . I have returned the car to the garage to check error codes from the check engine light

am at a loss to understand why it suddenly doesn't respond to accelerator and then stalls and power cuts only to restart and drive off fine with check engine light on

have checked other threads that also suggested the fuel cap just in case but that is on correctly and I gave replaced MAF already

any thoughts or guidance on possible causes.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 751 Likes on 699 Posts
2002 ML 320 & 2006 ML500
If the Check Eng. Light is on, then there are codes stored. Those codes must be read in order to narrow down the possibilities.