Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz SUVs, Trucks, Vans, Diesels, Other > M-Class (W164)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

M-Class (W164) 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2008, 05:00 PM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2
Drives: Mercedes Ml 350 164
Question ML 350 (w164) OEM bi-xenon install - stuck?

I tried installing/upgrading OEM bi-xenon headlights on my 2006 ML350 just to find out there are two plugs on the headlight I do not have wires for? Are these for self levelling/ballast/washer/xenon lights? I would hate to go to the dealership and pay for re-programming and not work. If anyone has wiring diagram/answer, please shoot me an e-mail asap...I left the facia hanging hoping to get this resolved soon.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Best
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!


Last edited by torpedo123; 03-16-2008 at 05:13 PM.
torpedo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:58 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 63
Drives: 2006 W164 ML350
xenon

I am having the exact same problem with the plugs. I know on the previous shape W163 that it is possible to buy special wiring adapters.

If you are in California, I can arrange to get the car coded for free for you. Just PM me. Its just a matter of connecting the star tool and pressing a few buttons.

If anyone can post information about the wiring, that would really help us.

My high beam wont work at the moment because of the wiring because I have one plug not attached.
hotml350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:27 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 63
Drives: 2006 W164 ML350
star coding

If you have the dealer code the car for xenons, the car still works perfectly with xenons enabled, and the old halogen headlights still connected.

I did the coding a few weeks before I installed the xenons.

The xenons do work with the plug not connected, its just that you wont have high beam.
hotml350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 06:03 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 63
Drives: 2006 W164 ML350
any help?

Can anyone offer us some assistance, Id hate to have to go back to normal lights after paying all the money for the xenons and taking half the front bumper off to install them
hotml350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:58 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
am_beagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland USA
Posts: 257
Drives: 08 ML350; 07' Acura RDX; 05'FX45; 03'Murano
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotml350 View Post
I am having the exact same problem with the plugs. I know on the previous shape W163 that it is possible to buy special wiring adapters.

If you are in California, I can arrange to get the car coded for free for you. Just PM me. Its just a matter of connecting the star tool and pressing a few buttons.

If anyone can post information about the wiring, that would really help us.

My high beam wont work at the moment because of the wiring because I have one plug not attached.
The hi-beam is inside the projector, with same bulb, that's why they call it bi-xenon. Behind the projector is a cutoff mechanic, which will full-open in hi beam mode, at low beam mode, it just close hafl way.
If you like to re-activate the old hi beam, try to find the hi beam wire at the now working plug to xenon bulb, I guess. Please keep us posted.
am_beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:42 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 63
Drives: 2006 W164 ML350
i got tired of not having high beam, and the indicators didnt work on the headlights either, so it was a safety issue.

I took them out and put the old ones back in

I tool it to the stealer, and even they could not get the xenons to work

if anyone wants a set of factory xenons, PM me
hotml350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:53 AM   #7
Almost a Member!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 52
Drives: ML320CDI
Do you have pneumatic suspension or spring suspension?
If you have spring suspension, try putting back xenon Lights, but donīt program it for the xenons, just put a resistance on each light. I think you donīt have automatic leveling, and it goes on safety mode because of it, if you put the resistances itīs exactly if you have halogen lights and it wont go on safety mode. Thatīs what was done in my car.
Philport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:05 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
am_beagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland USA
Posts: 257
Drives: 08 ML350; 07' Acura RDX; 05'FX45; 03'Murano
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philport View Post
Do you have pneumatic suspension or spring suspension?
If you have spring suspension, try putting back xenon Lights, but donīt program it for the xenons, just put a resistance on each light. I think you donīt have automatic leveling, and it goes on safety mode because of it, if you put the resistances itīs exactly if you have halogen lights and it wont go on safety mode. Thatīs what was done in my car.
How much are those resistance ? I gather enough bi-xenons , just need more infos. How are you doing in P ?
am_beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:35 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 29
Drives: ML320 (W163)
want to buy your OEM xenon assemblies (hotml350)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotml350 View Post
i got tired of not having high beam, and the indicators didnt work on the headlights either, so it was a safety issue.

I took them out and put the old ones back in

I tool it to the stealer, and even they could not get the xenons to work

if anyone wants a set of factory xenons, PM me
hotml350, I PM'd you but didn't get a response.
I'm interested in buying your OEM xenon assemblies.

Send me email at bfeng7@yahoo.com

Thanks
bfeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:21 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 63
Drives: 2006 W164 ML350
air suspension

I have air suspension, and the plugs on the lights are completely different unfortunately

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philport View Post
Do you have pneumatic suspension or spring suspension?
If you have spring suspension, try putting back xenon Lights, but donīt program it for the xenons, just put a resistance on each light. I think you donīt have automatic leveling, and it goes on safety mode because of it, if you put the resistances itīs exactly if you have halogen lights and it wont go on safety mode. Thatīs what was done in my car.
hotml350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:15 PM   #11
Almost a Member!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 52
Drives: ML320CDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotml350 View Post
I have air suspension, and the plugs on the lights are completely different unfortunately
Thatīs not a problem, my brother did the job, he changed the plugs and done the job, get a good electrician because itīs not a dificult job. I think Mercedes donīt sell the plugs for the ML, they only sell the complete cables with the plugs, but, not sure but can confirm with my brother, one of the plugs is from the C36, and Mercedes sells it as an alone part.
Philport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:14 PM   #12
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3
Drives: ML350
I just bought a pair of OEM Xenons for my 2008 ML350 and just took the car to the dealer to have them code for Xenons. They completed the coding but the lights don't come on. Is there a special way that need to connect the cables? There were two slots available on the bottom of the unit but only one fit. So I'm out of pocket $139. Can anyone help? Thanks.
tonybroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:42 AM   #13
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2
Drives: Mercedes Ml 350 164
Any luck on OEM bi-enon upgrade?

I posted this question sometime ago (stuck) and eventually had to put the originals back in; has anyone successfully installed OEM bi-xenons? Otherwise, I have a set of OEM's for sale.




Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybroadie View Post
I just bought a pair of OEM Xenons for my 2008 ML350 and just took the car to the dealer to have them code for Xenons. They completed the coding but the lights don't come on. Is there a special way that need to connect the cables? There were two slots available on the bottom of the unit but only one fit. So I'm out of pocket $139. Can anyone help? Thanks.
torpedo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:40 AM   #14
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13
Drives: 2006 ml500
Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedo123 View Post
I posted this question sometime ago (stuck) and eventually had to put the originals back in; has anyone successfully installed OEM bi-xenons? Otherwise, I have a set of OEM's for sale.
Try Steve at mbenznl@gmail.com. He sells & installs this parts.
chrissk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:40 AM
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2006, 2007, 350, diagram, front, headlamps, headlights, install, mercedes, ml, ml350, ml500, problem, removing, w164, wiring, xenon



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 AM.


Copyright Đ 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved.
Everyone's Personal Details