M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Hello - New ML owner here.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 03:00 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hello - New ML owner here.

Hello people. Just wanted to say hi and I look forward to hanging out here from time to time. We just picked up an 07 ML350 Blk/Blk with 26k miles on it yesterday - $35k.

I have to tell you that I was in NO WAY in the market for the ML. And to be honest with you, didn't even notice they changed body styles (which I'm ashamed of because I'm a huge car guy). We were in the market for the GX470 but couldn't find a used example of one with decent miles/price/condition. So you could imagine our surprise when we found a CPO that honestly looked like nobody had even sat in the thing, fully loaded w/bluetooth, running boards, etc w/ great paint and outside appearance, and drove very nicely. The only grips we had was a some ratlting in the back - we are already set up for an appointment to fix - as we are Rattle ***** in our vehicles.

First Impressions have been very good, decent pickup, great ride, handles well, and is very luxurious. We are very partial to Lexus as my wife own a IS350, but this thing is very, very nice. This will be my Daily and I'm excited to drive it. Here are some pics. Thanks!

Old 12-14-2008, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E-class coupe, 2012 C-class
Congrats with the ML and welcome aboard! Your car looks fantastic
Old 12-15-2008, 01:52 PM

2007 ML63 ///AMG
very sharp!
Old 12-15-2008, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 199 Likes on 178 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Curious to know what you (or anyone) find "luxurious" about an ML.

Nothing negative intended, but they and my GL seem simply pretty practical vehicles. I always first thing put in the black rubber floormats.

The extremely limited color choices for paint and upholstery make them pretty hard to be "custom" vehicles, and even the cheapest Fords have all the same electronic toys.

To me the "luxury" comes from all the safety features and knowing that among all cars the Mercedes is built more to a set of standards rather than simply to a price. It also comes from knowing it has a really sophisticated engine as opposed to an iron lump designed 50 years ago.

Perhaps it also helps to know it comes from the company that invented the automobile and whose founder invented the internal combustion engine and that it has a heritage second to none, especially in comparison to Japanese vehicles which have no heritage at all.

Last edited by lkchris; 12-15-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:30 PM

Ok, well luxury to me is defined as items/standard features that are above and beyond what is required/or the norm - while doing this in style. As in Nav as a Standard, Memory Seats, Power Telescope Steering Wheel, Nicely Appointed Seats and Interior Tactile feel, Power Liftgate, Power Seats, Moon Roof, Leather, Suspension, etc...

This is my first Mercedes to own - I have a Lexus now, and just recently got out of an E46 M3. The SUV we had last was a Lincoln Aviator - which is more "luxurious" than it's sibling the Explorer.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:38 PM

08 ML350; 07' Acura RDX; 05'FX45; 03'Murano
Congrats. Nice truck at reasonable price, not a very good deal thou.
Enjoy your ride.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:23 PM

2011 E-class coupe, 2012 C-class
Originally Posted by lkchris
Curious to know what you (or anyone) find "luxurious" about an ML.

Nothing negative intended, but they and my GL seem simply pretty practical vehicles. I always first thing put in the black rubber floormats.

The extremely limited color choices for paint and upholstery make them pretty hard to be "custom" vehicles, and even the cheapest Fords have all the same electronic toys.

To me the "luxury" comes from all the safety features and knowing that among all cars the Mercedes is built more to a set of standards rather than simply to a price. It also comes from knowing it has a really sophisticated engine as opposed to an iron lump designed 50 years ago.

Perhaps it also helps to know it comes from the company that invented the automobile and whose founder invented the internal combustion engine and that it has a heritage second to none, especially in comparison to Japanese vehicles which have no heritage at all.
Luxury to me is the build quality, quality of materials (not cheap plastics and fake wood everywhere like in most cars), engineering and technical innovation especially in the minor details. Did you know that even the wipers were designed and tested in a windtunnel for the ML? A MB usually has a life span three times longer the average vehicle.

Btw just noticed that your name is 100% danish
Old 12-17-2008, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by am_beagle
Congrats. Nice truck at reasonable price, not a very good deal thou.
Enjoy your ride.
Yeah, I know I probably left a bit on the table. I bought it from a dealer (CPO) and it was the exact color combo we were looking for. I don't stress on paying a couple thousand more than others. They gave me more than I was expecting on my trade in as the check engine light was on and needed repairs. I have an appointment with Park Place Mercedes and they are essentially rolling out the red carpet to get some items addressed that we negotiated in the deal. I do not feel they would be giving me this much attention if we had beat them down on the price. I'm a loyal customer to many businesses if they treat me right. I will pay more for piece of mind and knowing that I am being taken care of.

I know I could have picked up this car for about 28k or less - but it wouldn't have come with a 3 year 100k warranty and a relationship with a great dealership. BTW, with my trade-in (03 Aviator w/83k miles) and after taxes I financed $33k w/ extras thrown in like 08/09 Running Boards, Bluetooth, Cargo Net, and other items addressed that was a concern. I'm happy.
Old 12-25-2008, 05:49 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2021 GLE 450
these things should come with the xenons standard.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
rattle *****? Probably shouldn't have gotten an ML then.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:18 PM

2009 ML350
Begon just curious this is an 07ML.... Looks like the same rims as my 09 ML
Old 01-01-2009, 10:42 PM

08 ML350; 07' Acura RDX; 05'FX45; 03'Murano
Talking

Originally Posted by Paul44
Begon just curious this is an 07ML.... Looks like the same rims as my 09 ML
Same pattern, different size. His are 17s and yours are 19s.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 ML350 BlueTec.
Congrat's....

Looks good............l'm sure the rattles are either hatch related or rear suspension related...the dealer should be able to figure it out...Coming from a older M-Class....a 99 ML430 and a 02 ML55, these newer model M-Classes are very luxurious....Ride....nicely appointed...elegant styling...
Old 01-04-2009, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by am_beagle
Same pattern, different size. His are 17s and yours are 19s.
Nope, they are 19's. They put these on when they got the car - Yes, it is a 07.