M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

ML350 camshaft sensor over-retarded

Old 09-12-2010, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ml350
ML350 camshaft sensor over-retarded

Hi,

I just bought a 2006 ML350 and it's check engine light went on while driving it home. The code is P0012 - camshaft sensor over-retarded. The dealer says he just changed the sensor to fix that problem and I just need to drive it around and it'll clear on its own. Is this true? Does this indicate the dreaded balance issue with the engine?

I just bought the car a day ago and it's out of warranty. The dealer will obviously not take the car back as it was sold as-is. Sucks to be me!
Old 09-12-2010, 12:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML320CDI 2008 all options inc air suspension
Originally Posted by knightblade
Hi,

I just bought a 2006 ML350 and it's check engine light went on while driving it home. The code is P0012 - camshaft sensor over-retarded. The dealer says he just changed the sensor to fix that problem and I just need to drive it around and it'll clear on its own. Is this true? Does this indicate the dreaded balance issue with the engine?

I just bought the car a day ago and it's out of warranty. The dealer will obviously not take the car back as it was sold as-is. Sucks to be me!
I cant speculate on your symptoms but anything they did before you bought the car to get it ready to sell, should have warranty for one yr even if the original warranty is gone.So if they replaced sensors etc and it still has an ongoing problem, the must fix it at their expense, be polite and keep after them.There will be service records of anything they did related to your current issues.