M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

A Few Thoughts...And A Few Bugs!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 11:37 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2019 AMG GLE 63S
A Few Thoughts...And A Few Bugs!

We picked up our '10 ML Bluetec in early August. So far it's great, and after 2,500 miles and some lengthy trips we have been averaging 26mpg overall. Pretty good I think, but I've been transformed into a mileage junky and I think my right foot is now much weaker. Best is 29 mpg on highway already with no AC and 70 ish seems to be the sweet spot.

Anyway, some issues, anyone else experience these? I'm taking it in soon for diagnosis:

1. The HVAC system is in need of a total fix (software I hope). The door actuators are not functioning correctly (door side vents always on, refuses to go through defog vent behind door speaker, rear not very good, blower motor weak). I have contacts at the supplier, so this should be interesting to see what the dealer does.
2. Every time I move the driver seat (in any direction) the headrest goes up with it. Hope the motors are tied together wrong?
3. We got the optional steering wheel and there is a leather wrinkle directly under my right thumb. Again, should be interesting resolution.
4. Anyone else with the run flats (yes I agree they are more harsh), do you have pressure drops regularly overnight more than standard tires (2psi more)?
5. MB must source the worst power mirror motor supplier in the world; this is our second vehicle with the same motor clunking issue when they fold in.

The truck is solid and we love it. Can't wait for an Upper Michigan winter trip to test the tires in deep snow. Thoughts??!!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 ML320 Bluetec
If you have the same run-flat as what I have on my '09 Bluetec, you will be disappointed with their performance in deep snow. They are OK in wet, but in snow more than a foot, you can get stuck. My '09 BT has about 16K miles, and the cumulative mpg is 24.8 with an average speed of just 31mph. I find fuel economy is very sensitive to driving style, and any hard acceleration increases the fuel consumption drastically.

One thing I found annoying in my ML is the air lumber support to inflate automatically by itself, so each time I am in the car, the first thing I do is to deflate it a bit.

I had the AdBlue sensor went off once and fixed by dealer, other than that, it's been perfect, we love it.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
X350d GLE500e 2017, ML350 BlueTec 2012(sold), A200 2013, ML350CDI 2009(sold), Aston Martin DB7 2003
I too am pissed off with the headrest. It does go down, but not until your knee is into the glove box!
Seems like the car is designed for a giant with dwarfs legs.
All the dealer could say was use the memory settings despite my pleadings and threats.