Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz SUVs, Trucks, Vans, Diesels, Other > M-Class (W164)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

M-Class (W164) 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #1

Drives: grocery getter
Need help (quickly) with 2006 ML500 fuse for tailgate latch...

For some reason my tailgate will not lock when closed and the motor that controls the lock is trying and trying and trying to lock it but it just can't so the motor is going to burn out eventually. I can't get the ML into the shop until monday so I am trying to save the motor by taking out the fuse. Problem is, my fuse diagram is missing and cannot figure out which fuse to pull. I know it is a PITA but can someone help me out and tell me which damn fuse to pull? Help!!!!
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

Old 05-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #2

Drives: w164 (ml 500)
Did you check to make sure that the latch didnt get accidently into the closed position when open. That's happen once to us.

Mark.
Moto One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #3

Drives: Class M W164 320 CDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTPower View Post
For some reason my tailgate will not lock when closed and the motor that controls the lock is trying and trying and trying to lock it but it just can't so the motor is going to burn out eventually. I can't get the ML into the shop until monday so I am trying to save the motor by taking out the fuse. Problem is, my fuse diagram is missing and cannot figure out which fuse to pull. I know it is a PITA but can someone help me out and tell me which damn fuse to pull? Help!!!!
Hello,

I got the same problem on my W164 Class M 320 CDI.
Could you explain how you solved it, and which fuse is concerned by the tailgate latch?
My tailgate latch is open and don't want to close when i close my tailgate. Even when i'm closing all the other doors with the key.
In fact it happened since i opened it last day, and the latch made a "ZZZZ" noise for 1 min(same as yours...) and then, nothing... The latch is now bloqued in a opened status..
I would first like to know which fuse can control this latch, because if the fuse is OK, i 'll go to change the entire latch..
Thanks, (And sorry for my english, I'm French...)

Last edited by choux04; 09-22-2012 at 10:36 AM.
choux04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #4

Drives: Class M W164 320 CDI
Nobody here?
choux04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:50 PM

Tags
06, 2006, 500, adjustment, diagram, features, free, fuse, hatch, lock, mercedes, missing, ml, ml500, rear, tailgate, w164, wont