M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Bluetooth puck - NO POWER

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 04:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche 911 Gen2 cab, Mercedes GL320
Just wanted to second the comments made by "bbspoolside" ... and say thx :-) I also had a problem with my Bluetooth adapter in my GL that turned out to be a broken wire in the loom that routes through the arm rest. A bit of fettling and all now ok. Hope this helps.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:42 AM

E550 MY07
Did you get this eventually solved?

Originally Posted by meaculpa
I have no other better ideas where to look in order to get some power at the cradle. Today I took out the command to be sure that everything is connected and it is. I found an ipod interface hooked up behind the comand and I disconnected it because I'm not using an ipod in the vehicle and the apple plug was busted anyway. I guess it wasn't an aftermarket install from the previous owner as I thought but an OEM part (see pics). Any advice where to next? Thanks
I have exactly the same symptoms as you and also checked fuses, cables, etc. to no avail: I know MB-4+ works (it turns On and establishes a BT connection to my iPhone when MB-4 is connected via USB cable to the laptop; albeit it may still be the MB-4 UHI connector that is faulty). The Radio, Video and Nav all work... I am not sure what to do next...
Old 08-31-2016, 12:45 AM

E550 MY07
Originally Posted by copleym
Just wanted to second the comments made by "bbspoolside" ... and say thx :-) I also had a problem with my Bluetooth adapter in my GL that turned out to be a broken wire in the loom that routes through the arm rest. A bit of fettling and all now ok. Hope this helps.
Can you post any photos? The reason I ask is that I have two looms in the armrest, both covered with a plastic shroud (which feel OK to the touch, a-la no obvious broken wires in any of them), etc. Can the plastic shroud be removed, etc? And I am not sure how I can disconnect the connectors (there is a black one and a red one, both have hidden clips to secure closed position).
Thanks!
Old 09-04-2016, 07:43 PM

2007 MB GL450
Now Power to Bluetooth - FIXED

I had to take the arm rest apart and look at the wires. very easy, some of the wires were severed. reconnect them with new wire and it worked perfect
Old 07-27-2018, 07:59 AM

GLE 350 2020
Same problem

Originally Posted by ceejayjackson
I had to take the arm rest apart and look at the wires. very easy, some of the wires were severed. reconnect them with new wire and it worked perfect
Thank you so much for sharing. I have the same problem. Could you please tell me the part number for the cable harness?
Old 07-29-2018, 07:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 ML320 CDI with every option code including Offroad pack, 1978 450SEL
Originally Posted by Rblugo

Thank you so much for sharing. I have the same problem. Could you please tell me the part number for the cable harness?
Assuming the wire is broken at the hinge, you have two choices:

1. Buy a harness for $$$ and pay more $$$ to have it fitted, or
2. Have the auto electrician or yourself repair the broken wires at the armrest hinge with a soldering iron, and you're done.

The wires can be exposed and repaired just by flipping up the armrest cover.
Old 05-03-2022, 03:03 AM

MmL350
Here is the solution

Greetings,

I ran into the same issue ordering the 30 pin to Bluetooth adapter dilemma, only to find that like everyone else the power was not thur.

I busted out the tester and ran through the iPod converter box, and it led me to the chord, all had power, but the chord was the problem.

The old chord in which I assume you all have has been replaced with this new black chord which both charges the old iPods, iPads, and todays bluetooth 30 pin converter for our iPhone 13 MaxPros.

Here is the part number: B 6 7 82 4531

Now, the only issue is the cable is nowhere to be found, all sold out and discontinued everywhere.

Here’s another thing, there have been reports of users complaining the sound is low, and hence a booster with part number A204 870 39 94.

My solution, only speculatively at best currently, bypass the whole situation and MMI Bluetooth into the back port and escape the whole situation for around 25 USD for the unit on a very popular website.

Hope you all enjoyed the puzzle being of course solved and then solved again!

Ciao!

Last edited by JGWorld; 05-03-2022 at 03:07 AM.