M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

I could really use some wiring help...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 01:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I could really use some wiring help...

Copy'ing the headlight mod from another thread. However, I'm in the US vs. the OP being from Australia, so things are a little different for me.

I've got the headlights out, and am trying to wire in an LED strip that is going to be a combo DRL and turn signal. See this thread for what it is:

https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w...-mod-pics.html

I've got three wires coming from the LED strip. Red (white led), white (amber led), and black (presumably ground).

If I wire to the corner turn signal bulb, like the OP did, my LED strip is constantly on AMBER. If I hit the turn signal, its blinks with the WHITE led's.

So...figure maybe my wires to the LED strip are backward, so I switch them, but I get the same result. The AMBER seems to be a constant ON coming from the corner turn signal.

So I have two questions...

- What is the proper / best way to wire this? Could I wire to the turn signal that is inside the socket of the long turn signal (which is now becoming the LED strip)? And then I don't want the corner amber turn signal to be on at night (which I guess it is here in the US). Could I just remove that bulb, put in a resistor, and call it a day?

- Is there a way to hookup to STAR and change the light setting to Europe to turn off the corner amber turn signal from being constant on? I know we were able to do this with Audi's, so thinking this would be the same with MB, but I'm not sure.

ANY help us much appreciated!!

*Does anyone see anything wrong here (please excuse the crappy temp wiring).

Last edited by MLGuy; 08-18-2014 at 01:21 AM.